Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little Bastard and Spyder 550.

voxpop

[quote name='KiOgon' post='899296' date='Jul 19 2010, 07:22 PM']Great to see Ashdown represented on the forum at last :) I've always found them very helpful & friendly to deal with + it is good to support a British company.

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Agree!

andy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='899248' date='Jul 19 2010, 06:42 PM']I hope the new range have rude names too. Little Bastard, Medium M***erF***er and Massive C**t.[/quote]

Nooo ... then I'd have to keep it hidden to avoid the aggro caused with houseful of impressionable kids. Call them something inoffensive thats not going to get me into trouble. Like "Special offer, £49"

And make them crap so I don't want one.

...although that may already be too late.

[quote name='sk8' post='899865' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:53 AM']my LB has been fixed and is on its way back to me :)

Great service from ashdown[/quote]

Hey sk8 what's been fixed? Just being nozey like :rolleyes:

Cheerz,
John

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='899248' date='Jul 19 2010, 06:42 PM']I hope the new range have rude names too. Little Bastard, Medium M***erF***er and Massive C**t.[/quote]

MoFo's been done long time, if you [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/"]Watch Ashdown TV[/url] closely you'll see a Hayden MOFO in all it's glory! You have to be quick though, just a glimpse onn the vid, they had the full M.th3r F.ck3r badges on at Musikmesse, I haven't seen them in the UK though!

Cheerz,
John

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='899929' date='Jul 20 2010, 01:01 PM']Hey sk8 what's been fixed? Just being nozey like :lol:

Cheerz,
John[/quote]

Nothing :)

I had a vavle blow, chatted to Dave Green and he sent me out a couple of replacements. Fitted a new one and it seemed fine. Used it at church great, used it in my punk band practice and acoustic duo practice and it didn't sound quite right to my ears, a bit unclear. Dave did mention about it may have blown a resistor when the tube blew (Dave did say he had designed it to not happen but it may have). Chatted to Dave again and he said send it back which i did. He's had a look and it seems okay, he changed a drop cap because it may have gone abut he can't test it. AB'd it against another and it sounds the same so at least i know the amp is fine and it may be my ears :rolleyes:

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='899019' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:00 PM']Dear Mr Ashdown,

Please bring out a 100W Medium-Sized Bastard.

:lol:[/quote]

[quote name='voxpop' post='899026' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:04 PM']Yes please.......... :)[/quote]

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' post='899045' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:31 PM']Can't really talk about what we are working on as will be a way off yet but my guess is that you may like one of them :lol:[/quote]

Oh, bugger. Best start saving now :rolleyes:

[quote name='Merton' post='900903' date='Jul 21 2010, 12:57 PM']Oh, bugger. Best start saving now :)[/quote]
Indeed. If Andertons had had an LB in stock I might have had one last w/e, but the desire is waning now.

A small valve amp that could be DI'd looked good to me, but I wanted to try it with one of my basses and the cab I would have been using with it for a final check - and then they confirmed that the ones they are advertising are not the UK ones, which are an additional £100.

Think I'll wait to see what's in the pipeline now

Nice to see Ashdown on here and setting things straight. Always loved my Ashdown gear and the fact they're an independent english company, never had any issues with my gear and on the couple of times ive contacted them for info they've been nothing but helpful. Good work Ashdown!

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='902755' date='Jul 23 2010, 05:45 AM']I'm surprised they haven't been assimilated by the Borg* collective yet

* Gibson/Fender/Loud etc.[/quote]

I'm sure they've tried, I think Fender tried to buy them a few years back but in the end bought SWR instead, probably the best thing for Ashdown or they'd just be another brand killed off by Fender...

I've had nothing but pleasant replies from Ashdown since I got my LB, they've been very helpful. The last thing I expected was to get an email back from the Managing Director, but there you go.

It may not be intended to be a 'gigging' amp, but I've used it a couple of times now for fairly busy pubs and it's held it's own well. It's running about full volume, (just before it starts to break up) but the sound is huge, and the volume is just about where I need it to be.

Obviously this is not ideal for every situation, as there will be times I'll need more volume- bigger gigs, stages, outdoor events etc, but so far it's kept up in the situations where I'd normally use my Trace combo (150w)

Once the 100w valve head comes out, I'm all over that though. That sounds perfect!

Just make sure it's not too heavy!

Another thumbs up for an Ashdown response,,,,

My trusty amp died and was going the "oh well Ill buy am ampeg route,,,," then shock horror!! plastic input sockets on a 1K amp !!! shocked....

Im chuffed and very impressed with the Ashdown products,, I now have two !!,, the LB is on my shopping list !! :)