Why become a member? ×

I got free Stevie Wonder tickets!!!

Dave Holden

Hello!

So I got free tickets to Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park this saturday.

Here's the line up includes:

Stevie Wonder
Jamiroquai
James Morrison
Corrine Bailey Rae

I bought an ipod last year which gave me loads and loads of points and I had enough to swap them for 2 tickets.

Anyone else going?

I can't wait to see Nathan Watts and Paul Turner in action!

Let me know if you're going to be there :)

I will be there - I hear that Jamiroquai are showcasing a lot of their new material so that could be good. Really looking forward to Stevie though.

[quote name='Hodgefunk' post='875617' date='Jun 23 2010, 05:27 PM']Hello!

So I got free tickets to Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park this saturday.

Here's the line up includes:

Stevie Wonder
Jamiroquai
James Morrison
Corrine Bailey Rae

I bought an ipod last year which gave me loads and loads of points and I had enough to swap them for 2 tickets.

Anyone else going?

I can't wait to see Nathan Watts and Paul Turner in action!

Let me know if you're going to be there :)[/quote]

[quote name='cetera' post='876228' date='Jun 24 2010, 10:59 AM']I'll be there! I'm working backstage all 3 days :)[/quote]
Cool, what're you up to there?
I'm working on all the Hyde Park shows on the main stage, until 4th July.

Edited by bluesparky

Yeah it was pretty awesome wasn't it? Strange choice to finish with Another Star though?

I thought Jamiroquai were excellent too and was glad that they played a lot of tracks from their first album which is my favourite stuff by them.

All in all a good days music.

[quote name='Hodgefunk' post='878768' date='Jun 27 2010, 12:38 PM'][color="#FF0000"][size=4]WHAT A GIG!!!!!!!!

My back ached after 6(ish) hours of grooving but it was so amazing. Stevie Wonder on his back funking on the Keytar, never thought i would see that :)[/size][/color][/quote]

I love the fact that he sits down to play too!

[quote name='KevinJazzBass' post='879133' date='Jun 27 2010, 07:34 PM']I was there too! It was a great gig and I really enjoyed all of the bands. The weather was fantastic too! Nathan Watts was amazing, solid as anything... I dont even think he broke a sweat![/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='876915' date='Jun 24 2010, 10:09 PM']I will be there - I hear that Jamiroquai are showcasing a lot of their new material so that could be good. Really looking forward to Stevie though.[/quote]

I was there, was cracking! Also had the smoothest journey home ever!

Don't remember any jamiroquai stuff i didn't know though..

Cool pics Sparky. Lots of the big players are digging the hartke stuff. Mine got stolen a little while ago. I'm gona have to buy that gear agin at sum point im sure.

So much bass funkiness yesterday. I got plenty of ideas, just gotta spend several hours reproducing them on my bass :)

Nice pics bluesparky!

Sorry, haven't read this thread since I last posted so didn't see that you'd be there on the main stage.
I was working Artist Liaison for PRS - would have said "Hi!" if I'd known.... :)

[quote name='cetera' post='879838' date='Jun 28 2010, 01:26 PM']Nice pics bluesparky!

Sorry, haven't read this thread since I last posted so didn't see that you'd be there on the main stage.
I was working Artist Liaison for PRS - would have said "Hi!" if I'd known.... :)[/quote]
No worries, i'm on the lighting crew for the whole run of the Hyde Park gigs - it's nice to be doing some outside gigs when it's not raining for a change.

Hard rock calling is all done and dusted now, (i'm not sure i'd call Macca & Stevie "hard rock" though) and we've just set up the kings of leon.

It's a hell of a show, look out for the back wall of lights if anyone's going (or actually gives two hoots about lighting too, that is!).
Cheers,