Why become a member? ×

Stolen Black Jazz Bass - Taken from behind KOKO, Camden.

tommitchener

STOLEN ALL BLACK JAZZ BASS - TAKEN FROM CAR BEHIND KOKO, CAMDEN.

Friday night I had the back window of my car smashed in behind Koko in Camden. My Black Fender Jazz Bass was taken - was later told I was the third person this year to have this happen to them on that street. Apparently they watch you load in and out and pick their moment!

If anyone hears anything about it, please get in contact as I loved this bass:

Fender US Standard Black Jazz Bass with Black Scratchplate and Rosewood Neck (S1 Switching)

Fitted with a non-standard ‘Badass III’ Bridge.

Was in a Warwick Rockbag gig bag when taken.

Has quite a large chip on the headstock (where is fell out of a fire escape!) and has been well gigged, so it’s not new looking by any stretch of the imagination.

For a more detailed description and photo:

[url="http://tommitchener.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/missing-in-action/"]http://tommitchener.wordpress.com/2010/06/...sing-in-action/[/url]

Thanks guys.

Mitch

There's a good few members down your way - hopefully, if everyone keeps an eye out, this one might resurface. I'm sure your scum are the same as ours, and the likes of Cash Convertor, etc, will be a likely place to start.

Here's hoping you get it back chief.

[quote name='tommitchener' post='873190' date='Jun 21 2010, 01:11 AM']STOLEN ALL BLACK JAZZ BASS - TAKEN FROM CAR BEHIND KOKO, CAMDEN.

Friday night I had the back window of my car smashed in behind Koko in Camden. My Black Fender Jazz Bass was taken - was later told I was the third person this year to have this happen to them on that street. Apparently they watch you load in and out and pick their moment!

If anyone hears anything about it, please get in contact as I loved this bass:

Fender US Standard Black Jazz Bass with Black Scratchplate and Rosewood Neck (S1 Switching)

Fitted with a non-standard ‘Badass III’ Bridge.

Was in a Warwick Rockbag gig bag when taken.

Has quite a large chip on the headstock (where is fell out of a fire escape!) and has been well gigged, so it’s not new looking by any stretch of the imagination.

For a more detailed description and photo:

[url="http://tommitchener.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/missing-in-action/"]http://tommitchener.wordpress.com/2010/06/...sing-in-action/[/url]

Thanks guys.

Mitch[/quote]
I hope you have the serial number and have reported the theft to the police.
As if even Crack Converters do have it at some point its a sod to prove its yours if you dont have these details.
Keep an eye out on LOOT & Gumtree too..my sons mixing desk turned up on there(GT) almost a year after it was nicked
Wish you luck with a fast return

[quote name='tino' post='873837' date='Jun 21 2010, 08:19 PM']As if even Crack Converters do have it at some point its a sod to prove its yours if you dont have these details.[/quote]

Try the Kentish Town branch - I had to recover a gold disc from there - these guys never seem to go too far - have a look and if it is there call the police and they should tell you the procedure to recover it.

Good luck.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help and for keeping your eyes peeled.

Yeah, I phoned the Cash Converters in the area, as well as pretty much everywhere else I could think of. I doubt I'll be seeing it again.

Unfortunately, I could not find the Serial Number, and I can appreciate how hard it can be to prove it's mine if I find it. Today I am going round all my gear and getting the serial numbers written down, you live and learn!

So to all players out there...watch out around the Mornington Cresent area of London. If you are playing KOKO, make sure you always have someone by your van/car when loading out...as you and your gear are being watched. The Police have a lot of trouble with this sort of thing around there, and I would hate someone else to have the poor luck I had.

I'll be sure to tell you guys if it turns up.

Cheers

Mitch

PS - What are the new Jazz Basses like? I need a replacement....

[quote name='tommitchener' post='884712' date='Jul 3 2010, 12:11 PM']PS - What are the new Jazz Basses like? I need a replacement....[/quote]

Also be careful at The Purple Turtle which is right across the road from KOKO (or the Camden Palace as it'll always be to me)

The new Jazzes get really good reviews, Fender have up'd there game since 2008, you should also give the new Squiers a go too.