Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Jaguar

gnasher1993

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='854780' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:01 PM']I think we need to stop it, if people are looking for info on the bass they'll have to trawl through a lot of pages.[/quote]

You're right - we shouldn't be so shellfish.

[quote name='basshead56' post='854789' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:07 PM']Im going to fall on wy swordfish here and leave for I fear I will dolphinately start floundering...[/quote]

Bleak. I'm feeling a bit battered, too. Can't be whiting any more puns...

[quote name='basshead56' post='854806' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:21 PM']She sure does and thats why I fell for her-hook line and sinker[/quote]

My old trout's a bit koi, but she managed to weever spell on me.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Bassassin' post='854357' date='Jun 2 2010, 12:15 AM']Very pretty bass - hope it doesn't turn out to be a Photoshop fantasy...

But if it does, go buy a [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-bm-370-vintage-m-series/68744"]Stagguar[/url] (or is that a Jagstagg?) for £130. And take a chill pill! :)

Jon.[/quote]

That's identical (even down to pick up screws) as the Wesley Cougar, which is only £109!
[url="http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/Items/%60bja100pmbl?&caSKU=%60bja100pmbl&caTitle=WESLEY%20MARK%20II%20COUGAR%20SONIC%20BLUE%20ELECTRIC%20BASS%20GUITAR"]http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/Items/%60bj...20BASS%20GUITAR[/url]

...Still none of them are a REAL Fender Jaguar!

[quote name='discreet' post='854810' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:25 PM']My old trout's a bit koi, but she managed to weever spell on me.

Edit: Spelling[/quote]

Thats good, itsalways best to give in to the lure, pointless swimming against the current.
I find they are less quick to angler if you go with the flow.
Anyways,
tis high tide I was back to work

[quote name='Albi' post='855470' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:08 PM']Were there other ones than?
I know the James Johnston was a Western Europe exclusive, but that's the only domestic-related Squier I heard about...[/quote]
That's the one I had in mind - and the Biffy Clyro guitarist's signature Strat, I believe.

Are the fiesta red CV Precisions available in the US?

[quote name='Albi' post='855476' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:13 PM']Then why would a Fender rep. suggest such a thing?[/quote]
Maybe he or she is not as up to speed on forthcoming product as he or she ought to be - or maybe some parts of Fender don't know what other parts are doing.

Was the Fender rep quoted as saying 'might' be UK only - so maybe they just don't know, and are explaining away why they don't know. Who knows?

[quote name='Albi' post='855487' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:22 PM']The Johnston was available in Europe :)
The Fiesta Red is worldwide I think.
Don't mind if the "Shaguar" is a UK exclusive, since I'll be studying at the ICMP up-comming year.
(I'm from Belgium)[/quote]
I'd sort of taken 'UK only' to mean, in effect, 'Europe and not US' rather than literally UK only.

I'm guessing, but the Biffy Clyro signatures were perhaps Europe only because Biffy Clyro are not well-known in the US. That wouldn't apply to a Squier Jaguar; so I'd find it hard to believe that all those US sales would be thrown away. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.