Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Completely by accident...

OutToPlayJazz

So I was going out to pick up a new American Deluxe & happened to phone a place in Leeds looking for price comparisons. The guy on the other end of the phone just happened to mention they had a 50th Anniversary Jazz arrive yesterday. Is this what they call fate?! So I went along, tried the bass, haggled very hard for an hour & finally came out with this...

Showroom mode...

Unnecessary bits removed for playing...

Now I\'ve finally got it all set up on my choice of strings & dropped the action down about three miles (why do they do that??), the sound is like an American Standard, but with a little more "cream", if you know what I mean :) It doesn't have the utter sharpness and gritty vintage tone of the Road Worn, but the creamy jazz burp is there in abundance. All in all a very nice bass.

Better pics to come when the nice weather returns!

Btw, all 500 of the 50th models have now shipped from Corona, so if you find one and really want one, snare it quickly.

Had a moment to do some better pics this afternoon...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Clarky' post='834564' date='May 11 2010, 07:21 PM']Hey Rich, with your Fender juggling you are rapidly becoming the new Beedster/Clarky :lol:

Very pretty bass you have there[/quote]

Hey Clarky, it would seem so at the moment, although I'm regretting moving on the Road Worn. It was THAT good!

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='834579' date='May 11 2010, 07:27 PM']!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T[/quote]

Hey Tom, you got a great Jazz there. I missed it as soon as it went out of the door! :)

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='834580' date='May 11 2010, 07:28 PM']Great choice. Have you seen the bass player mag review?

BTW this is not helping my Jazz bass gas! :-)[/quote]

I haven't seen the review - Can you scan it for me or something? I saw the Ed Friedland review which was very good. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='835177' date='May 12 2010, 11:37 AM']Little review:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLxPvVH4Ic&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLxPvVH4Ic...feature=related[/url]

I didnt realise they gave you mutes! :)[/quote]

Yes, all the bits are in the case - Basically it's an embelished version of the case candy you get with the American Vintage models. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Spoombung' post='836494' date='May 13 2010, 07:18 PM']Is that for one of your students? :lol:[/quote]

Nope, this one is all minezeseses :rolleyes: And the T-Bird pro I bought the other week was definitely for a student - Tom loves his trans black Epiphone :) I got him a scorching deal combined with an Ashdown EB180 15" combo. Not bad for your first bass setup, eh?

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='bubinga5' post='836449' date='May 13 2010, 06:28 PM']This jazz has it all.....lovely lovely bass..its got a lovely warmth that alder gives...sorry if i missed it but whats the weight Rich?[/quote]

It feels around the 8.5-9 pound mark. Slightly lighter than my last American Standard was. They say the bodies on these are made from "selected alder", so I'd guess they picked the nicest light pieces for these lovely basses.