Why become a member? ×

New Pumpkins Bassist

Doddy

So the Smashing Pumpkins have announced their new bass player.

The gig has gone to Nicole Fiorentino,who was the bass player in Veruca Salt and has previously
worked with Billy Corgan.

Hmmmmmm.......Another female bass player with prior connections to the band? :)

The open audition appears to be really fair now don't they.

[quote name='Doddy' post='833843' date='May 11 2010, 12:42 AM']So the Smashing Pumpkins have announced their new bass player.

The gig has gone to Nicole Fiorentino,who was the bass player in Veruca Salt and has previously
worked with Billy Corgan.

Hmmmmmm.......Another female bass player with prior connections to the band? :)

The open audition appears to be really fair now don't they.[/quote]

It had publicity stunt stamped on it from the start. I'm sure I read something similar over at TB with regards to the Lady Gaga band selection process...

Even if the auditions had been "open" the chosen player would still have had to have been eye candy. :)

I wonder if he'll actually let her play on any recordings? I doubt it.

Edited by rjb

Another looker with a p bass :)

Ginger left to have a family and settle down or something along those lines.

FYI the current pumpkins drummer was gained from an open audition and was 19 or so at the time and worked in MacDonalds so it happens but Pumpkins were always going to have a female bassist.

[quote name='basshead56' post='834035' date='May 11 2010, 10:49 AM']Didn´t know Ginger Reyes had left.
Maybe she´ll go back to the Halo Friendlies :)
Seriously though, is t because Billy Corgan is a prat or what, that theiy´re on bassist number 4 now?[/quote]

D'acy - Had drug problems.
Melissa Auf De'Maur - Pumpkins ended when she was in the band (No connection just no band for a while) she did a solo project after that and has just released a new cd so think she prefers being her own boss instead of stage candy.
Ginger Reyes - left to start a family and have some kids.

No real issue with Billy there

My favourite band ever ever ever ever.

And another hot female bassist - can only be good news. Basically whatever they will do next will be essentially the same as everything else they've done - Billy writes everything, drummer chirps in every now and then.... should be interesting to see how the new drummer copes with it all, particularly following someone so technically excellent as JC.

Jimmy was the true genius in pumpkins IMO. His drumming was top drawer. Everything else is overproduced nonesense from Billly. Even Celebrity Skin sounded like a Pumpkins demo, as does the new Hole album. Suppose the point I'm trying to make is that BC has a template for a band and he's gonna stick to it. I thought with Melissa it could have worked well as she has a great voice and sings superb harmonies. AFAIC the best days of Pumpkins are long gone. Think I'll give Siamese Dream a spin.........

[quote name='Mog' post='834763' date='May 11 2010, 10:06 PM']Jimmy was the true genius in pumpkins IMO. His drumming was top drawer. Everything else is overproduced nonesense from Billly. Even Celebrity Skin sounded like a Pumpkins demo, as does the new Hole album. Suppose the point I'm trying to make is that BC has a template for a band and he's gonna stick to it. I thought with Melissa it could have worked well as she has a great voice and sings superb harmonies. AFAIC the best days of Pumpkins are long gone. Think I'll give Siamese Dream a spin.........[/quote]

+1 on Jimmy Chamberlain, fantastic drummer and ex-owner of an impressive mullet. Mellon Collie is a truly beautiful album and one that gets played every week at Casa de Lemmywinks

[quote name='Mog' post='834763' date='May 11 2010, 10:06 PM']Jimmy was the true genius in pumpkins IMO. His drumming was top drawer. Everything else is overproduced nonesense from Billly. Even Celebrity Skin sounded like a Pumpkins demo, as does the new Hole album. Suppose the point I'm trying to make is that BC has a template for a band and he's gonna stick to it. I thought with Melissa it could have worked well as she has a great voice and sings superb harmonies. AFAIC the best days of Pumpkins are long gone. Think I'll give Siamese Dream a spin.........[/quote]

Some of JC's stuff on Zeitgeist was some of his best stuff IMO. Saw them on that tour at the O2 and... well... he is the dog's bollocks.

Edited by Stag