Why become a member? ×

Anyone have the Supergrass article from Bass Player?

umcoo

Hi folks...anyone have the May 03 Bass Player with Mich Quinn from Supergrass on it? Looking to see his setup...mostly if he uses any effects. I know he has an Ibanez Blazer and Hiwatt amps, but he gets some lovely dirty tones and wanted to know of any secret weapons!

Cheers folks

[quote]Im sure he used an Ibanez Precision....do they exist?![/quote]

It was either a Blazer or Roadstar/Roadster I think. Love the headstock on these, reminds me of the Fender Starcaster guitar from the late 70s.

Ooof:

Sexy.

Edited by Wil

Yeah, I've never seen them live, but loved them for years. Not sure if I'll get chance to see them on this last tour. Hopefully they'll reform in 15 years like all the other bands are doing, and I'll catch them then!

I have a bassist magazine from 1997 which has an interview with Mick Quinn.
He says he still uses his Ibanez Roadstar and a Fender Precision.

He has an Ampeg head and SWR cabs, although he says he uses an old Carlsbro amp in the studio
Effects wise, he says he uses a distortion pedal on a few songs, but most of his sound comes from hamering the F**k out of the strings!

Hope this helps,

I can send you the magazine if you like?

Kets

[quote name='umcoo' post='826660' date='May 3 2010, 05:55 PM']Ahh! With you now! That'd be great. Even just a scan of the article would suffice. Mucho appreciado amigo.[/quote]

right - i don't think we take it...it's an american publication isn't it ?

sorry to disappoint :)

pook - Yeah it's the American Bass Player. No worries brother. It'll be hiding somewhere on the internet.

kets - Much appreciated brother! 1997 issue must be just after their 2nd album was released and there's some great tones on that. Is he specific about a 'distortion pedal'? Thanks for your help buddy.

[quote name='umcoo' post='827496' date='May 4 2010, 02:40 PM']pook - Yeah it's the American Bass Player. No worries brother. It'll be hiding somewhere on the internet.

kets - Much appreciated brother! 1997 issue must be just after their 2nd album was released and there's some great tones on that. Is he specific about a 'distortion pedal'? Thanks for your help buddy.[/quote]

No worries mate! He's not specific about the distortion pedal. Kind of get the feeling he's not a gearhead...

Kets