Why become a member? ×

Which multi guitar stand?

molan

I have a few different single guitar stands but I generally have 4-5 basses out in my study at any one time so I thought one of those multi-stands would take up less floor space.

I haven't really seen anything that looks 100% perfect yet.

First thing I saw were the Warwick Rockstands:

Looks Ok but I was worried about the lack of spacing brackets at the bottom of the stand - might lead to bodies bashing against each other if put back a bit clumsily or the stand was knocked etc.

Then I saw the Hercules stands:

I have a Hercules stand at the moment and it works really well. Very different design to this one though. Bit worried that this one might not be that stable if it didn't have all 5 slots occupied?

I don't really need one that folds down into a road case as it'll never leave my study once it's set up!

The rockstands take up more space than u think cos they dont go flush up against a wall - the basses sit angled backwards rather than upright and the longer the neck the more of a gap from stand to wall you will need.

I also got caught cos I have a warwick dolphin and it has to sit the opposite way from the other guitars also it doesnt like my Overwater original (explorer shaped)

That Hercules one looks ideal if the stability could be established.

I bought the Twin hanging Hercules stand and discovered it had a bigger footprint than the three way one due to having to cope with all the weight only being on one side when you took one off.

Funny things stands never found the perfect one yet.

BB

Another vote for the Rockstand. I have the 3 space version also, Never given me a problem. Full compliment of basses fit in it easily, fretted, fretless, and the larger space for my acoustic bass. Stable as a rock - stand :)

I'm sure this is a warwick stand as well.similar thing, holds 5 guitars and has spacers at the bottom but its a case. I think I paid about 35 quid for it on ebay around 5 or 6 years ago.
here's an old pic of it with just offset electrics

and now with a few different instruments

it has velcro spacers at the bottom so you can adjust them for various size guitars like I have with my acoustic

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out one of the Hercules stands - absolutely hopeless!

It simply won't balance a J shaped bass at all. You have to carefully balance the bass against the little foam rubber pad at te back and the slightest knock send them flying. It's been discontinued now, I wonder why. . .

Also spotted a QuickLok one but haven't seen it up close:

Edited by molan

The QuikLok ones are great. I picked up the one for 7 guitars dirt cheap locally:

Absolutely solid and very sturdy rubber guitar holders. Recommended for sure, but I wouldn't have paid the £95 for a new one cos I'm tight :)

Hi barrie
Iv used a three guitar rockstand for years, but i must say the foam on the bottom splits eventually, exposing the metal, not good for your nice expensive basses, i have a double hercules one too, and ive had no bother, but the footprint is massive, have you thought about wall mounting them?

[quote name='lee650' post='843558' date='May 20 2010, 09:17 PM']Hi barrie
Iv used a three guitar rockstand for years, but i must say the foam on the bottom splits eventually, exposing the metal, not good for your nice expensive basses, i have a double hercules one too, and ive had no bother, but the footprint is massive, have you thought about wall mounting them?[/quote]

Cheers Lee,

I've got the double Hercules but I agree about the footprint, it's not far off the same overall space as a 5 in a row stand.

My little music room isn't very well designed for wall mounting becuase of windows, doors & radiators :)

Quik-Lok is looking like the favourite now - thanks for the pic Dubs, really useful to see one in-situ.

Cheapest I've see a 5 slot stand is £70 though.