Why become a member? ×

What's yours called?

Sue

i call the bass i made on my shuker course "the taitycaster", but thats just because it doesn't have another name. every other one is either called by the brand name or model, ie. my ibanez SR500 is either referred to as "the ibanez" or "the soundgear".

My W&T Ergon is the first one I've ever named ... and I've had a lot of basses over many many years ...
It (note, not "she") is called Rossa as it's Italian, very red and as a seriously appreciative nod to my wife who has not complained about the expense once .. Her name is Rossa sometimes too :)

i call my sandberg "sandy" not hard to see why
but it kinda suits her. been really stuck on my strat
lately mainly cos its my only electric now. think i'll
name her corrie since she was made in corona.
i think its quite amazing how an object can get
a personality after a while.

All my name are named after my special lady friend at the time (which I thought was a musicians standard, but apparently not), my main spector is called Elli, my first bass (now my fretless) is Kerry, and my guitar is Anna. Only trouble with that convention is I need to have a girlfriend to get a new guitar, oh the humanity........

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='821422' date='Apr 28 2010, 03:36 AM']Only trouble with that convention is I need to have a girlfriend to get a new guitar, oh the humanity........[/quote]

Lol... So if you get a wife instead of a girlfriend, you won't buy a new instrument... :)

I have Betty. The name came about because while I was building her I planned on putting a Betty Page decal on her somewhere as a saucy '50s icon. I never got round to it but the name stuck. A lot of my basses are homemade so they do tend to have pet names. My latest is Pingray - the concept was to build a Precision & Stingray combo.

I tried to start calling mine nicknames with little success.

I have a black stingray with black pickguard and rosewood fretboard that I wanted to start calling [b]"The DarkRay"[/b] but it ended up being "that black one".

The Trans Teal, white pickguard, maple neck was going to be [b]"The SurfRay"[/b] but gets "that green one".

And my new Candy Red, black pickguard with rosewood neck was going to be [b]"The HotRay"[/b] (like HotRod :rolleyes: ) but as you might've guessed gets called "that red one".

You know what they say about good intentions. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='821650' date='Apr 28 2010, 10:57 AM']I have Betty. The name came about because while I was building her I planned on putting a Betty Page decal on her somewhere as a saucy '50s icon. I never got round to it but the name stuck. A lot of my basses are homemade so they do tend to have pet names. My latest is Pingray - the concept was to build a Precision & Stingray combo.[/quote]

My Fender has a saucy decal... It's not Betty Page but it looks like it could be her sister, assuming she was a biker chick :)

My Cort (a 5-string) just gets called "the Cort". My 4-string is called "the 4-string", and my acoustic is called "the acoustic."

Mrs HT refers to them collectively as:
(a.) The loves of your life, or
(b.) That f---ing thing.

:)

Edited by Hot Tub