Why become a member? ×

Have you ever fallen in love.............. with a bass ?

redstriper

[quote name='redstriper' post='816880' date='Apr 24 2010, 01:20 AM']I mean true love, not lust or infatuation - love in the spiritual sense, where it feels like God is playing through you and you never want to be apart.

Just wondered. :)[/quote]

Yep. My '72 4001. It's actually known to all as The Voice of God. First time I picked it up I knew it was the one. First time I rehearsed/gigged with it, ditto. Since I've had the back pickup fixed (it died a few years back and I had been using a custom built replacement) the love affair has begun again. If I could never play another bass again I wouldn't care a jot.

Edited by 4000

Usually when I have a Kubicki in my hand, they just feel "made for me", and if they are good enough for Stuart Hamm, they're good enough for me! I've been gutted ever since I got rid of my first one so its good to have another!

EDIT:

Said objects of affection:

Edited by Chris2112

whilst I may not be in love with it, after spending most of the last month playing around with my new cheapo fretless, I started noodling on my spector and it just felt like coming back to an old friend I hadn't spoken to for ages.

[quote name='redstriper' post='816880' date='Apr 24 2010, 01:20 AM']I mean true love, not lust or infatuation - love in the spiritual sense, where it feels like God is playing through you and you never want to be apart.

Just wondered. :)[/quote]

no but i got that way with my tenor sax with a gardala mouthpiece...heaven

I had a affair, it all started when i fell for my first love a yamaha RBX 350, she had a lovely dark body and lovely curves, we spend many a night out together playing our tunes, then one day my mate introduced me to his fender jazz, we hit it off her lovely slim body so easy to play the sound coming from her, well the bells rang the yamaha was put aside and my new love is here to stay. Well untill i can afford the rickenbacker. Have i taken this too far. Oh well. :wub:

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='850860' date='May 29 2010, 02:45 AM']No- I try and avoid getting sentimentally attached to inanimate objects. I like them for what they allow me to do but there's no deeper connection, any more than I have a particularly spiritual connection to my kettle or my laptop.[/quote]

+1 they can sound, look and feel wonderful but they are objects. Sorry but love just doesn't come into it.