Why become a member? ×

Mark King or Flea?

No1skewenjack

Pete Academy

I think your comment about the grove had merit.

As for the whole debate... does it matter that much to go to 10 pages..?
Me? I liked MK but never wanted to try and copy him..couldn't see the point. MK does MK better than anyone else.

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='JackLondon' post='837800' date='May 15 2010, 12:48 AM']+100000000000, it really shows how stupid some people are :)[/quote]
oohh dear :rolleyes:
friday night "shandy frenzy" kicks in?
...lads,....lads,....let it go .....leave it alone, no-one REALLY cares that much.
(& anyway the fact is that Mark King is the best!!)
still,lets not get the opinion/laugh stuff,get in the way
lets agree to disagree.....FFS!... & stop this...eh.......?? calm down ..calm down...
Remember if there was a Stuart Hamm vs Victor Wooten debate, how dull would that be?
btw
the fact that ANYONE who rates flatwound strings must be (at least) a sixty year old drunk
is true!!
oh surely you dont need to know that thats meant as a joke too???
oh..and James Jamerson wasnt any good either!!

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='837831' date='May 15 2010, 01:40 AM']btw
the fact that ANYONE who rates flatwound strings must be (at least) a sixty year old drunk

oh surely you dont need to know that thats a joke too???[/quote]

Funnily enough I was enjoying the sound of flatwounds when one day I plugged my flatwound-strung Jazz into my pedal board. Instant perfect note-tracking on analogue octavers.

So it turns out flats are the best choice for modern bassists too. Full circle type nonsense thing wotsit happenings.

[quote name='JTUK' post='837759' date='May 14 2010, 11:52 PM']MK does MK better than anyone else.[/quote]
And Flea does Flea. I quite agree, & I think it's all that needs to be said. None of this "A is far superior to B" bollocks -- it's like arguing over whether oranges or apples are best.
I know who I prefer, by a long way, but it doesn't make him 'better'.

[quote name='Rich' post='837873' date='May 15 2010, 07:24 AM']And Flea does Flea. I quite agree, & I think it's all that needs to be said. None of this "A is far superior to B" bollocks -- it's like arguing over whether oranges or apples are best.
I know who I prefer, by a long way, but it doesn't make him 'better'.[/quote]
Arrh!! he said bollocks and he's a prefect as well!! :rolleyes:
:)

Two totally different players in different sounding bands, I don't see how anyone can compare the two apart from the fact that they do the slap thing in their respective bands.

I've probably gained more respect for Flea in the last few years than I probably did in years previous - if you'd asked me 20 years ago who I thought was the better player, I would have said MK. Now I think they're on a par with each other.

we can't let this pointless uberpost die tonight...200 and something replies

anyway...I'm lost....one thread mentioned apples and oranges...so is flea the orange and mark an apple

....my orange phones singal is sometimes poor...Mr King is apple of my eye, the core of the thing really is who is the better bassist, has pipped Mark Flea to the post, for those with thin skin...I have run out!

Department S wasn't it?....didn't Mr King get caught with a lorry driver's 'load' in his hand, in a motorway service station? did they ever find Vic?

...that guy was always drinking as I remember, had interesting fashion sense, and drove a Jenson Interceptor...don't remember seeing any bass though?

Edited by iconic