Why become a member? ×

Who's in your wedding band?

OldGit

Chatting to the lad in the phone shop this week he mentioned he may get a jazz band for his wedding next year.
So we nattered about wedding music, etc and he mentioned his mate has a band that does all sorts.

Of course being a local muso I asked who was in the band
"Mark and his cousin who plays bass. His parents had that restaurant on North rd, Palladinos. I think his cousin has played with some famous people"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes folks, Pino Palladino is playing his wedding :)
Cheap too :rolleyes:

I explained who Pino had played with - like the Who at the Superbowl this year, Paul Young etc..
He was surprised but not that impressed :lol: Of course if you are 21 it's all ancient history ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='789799' date='Mar 29 2010, 06:31 PM']Chatting to the lad in the phone shop this week he mentioned he may get a jazz band for his wedding next year.
So we nattered about wedding music, etc and he mentioned his mate has a band that does all sorts.

"Mark and his cousin who plays bass. His parents had that restaurant on North rd, Palladinos. I think his cousin has played with some famous people"

I explained who Pino had played with - like the Who at the Superbowl this year, Paul Young etc..
He was surprised but not that impressed :lol: Of course if you are 21 it's all ancient history ...[/quote]
Classic! :lol:

[quote name='OldGit' post='789799' date='Mar 29 2010, 07:31 PM']Chatting to the lad in the phone shop this week he mentioned he may get a jazz band for his wedding next year.

He was surprised but not that impressed :lol: Of course if you are 21 it's all ancient history ...[/quote]
He He
I used to play with Mark many years ago Si...

[quote name='Sibob' post='790133' date='Mar 29 2010, 11:51 PM']Hope for us all.....even Pino does wedding gigs! :)

Si[/quote]

Alternatively, if Pino's doing weddings now, what chance does that give us mere mortals?

A

[quote name='Sibob' post='790133' date='Mar 29 2010, 11:51 PM']Hope for us all.....even Pino does wedding gigs! :)

Si[/quote]

Hope goes up!

[quote name='Alien' post='790156' date='Mar 30 2010, 12:33 AM']Alternatively, if Pino's doing weddings now, what chance does that give us mere mortals?

A[/quote]

And then down.
:rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='jakesbass' post='790144' date='Mar 30 2010, 12:14 AM']He He
I used to play with Mark many years ago Si...[/quote]

Ah you can clear this up then. Is Mark Pino's cousin or brother? I wasn't sure.

I have to go back today so I'll see if I can arrange a table at the reception for Basschatters to sit, arms crossed and say "Pino bleedin Paladino? huh! I can play Mustang Sally like that so how come[b] he[/b] gets the 'oo gig"

OK?

I once did a wedding with Bobby Orr.

Who? says everyone.

Bobby had, amongst others, played with Benny Goodman, Joe Harriot and, at that time, had done every Bond soundtrack since Dr. No. He could even play Donna Lee on a PENCIL....... (Yes, I saw him do it. He put it in his mouth, against his teeth, tapped the pencil with his fingernails and shaped the notes with his mouth. And it swung like the clappers :)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='790312' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:59 AM']I once did a wedding with Bobby Orr.

Who? says everyone.[/quote]

I thought you meant this guy -> [url="http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4085"]Bobby Orr[/url]! One of the greatest player to ever play the game. I was seriously impressed. lol.

My function band has [url="http://www.craigblundell.net/"]Craig Blundell[/url] on drums.... maybe not as famous as Mr Paladino but he is playing with some serious acts King King and David Cross to name a couple, he's also Roland's main clinician for V-drums so you've probably seen him in action somewhere....

Anyway I bet Pino won't get any grief for being in a wedding band..... especially when he play's 'Lady in Red'.... eh...eh...

I've also just found out we're doing a wedding where we be playing with 'The Script'..... should be interesting

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='crez5150' post='790358' date='Mar 30 2010, 10:38 AM']My function band has [url="http://www.craigblundell.net/"]Craig Blundell[/url] on drums.... maybe not as famous as Mr Paladino but he is playing with some serious acts King King and David Cross to name a couple, he's also Roland's main clinician for V-drums so you've probably seen him in action somewhere....[/quote]

you Sir are a lucky guy.... well done.

[quote name='OldGit' post='790275' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:28 AM']Ah you can clear this up then. Is Mark Pino's cousin or brother? I wasn't sure.

I have to go back today so I'll see if I can arrange a table at the reception for Basschatters to sit, arms crossed and say "Pino bleedin Paladino? huh! I can play Mustang Sally like that so how come[b] he[/b] gets the 'oo gig"

OK?[/quote]
Brother

I once 'duetted' on bass with Pino, lol.

I was trying out an amp at the Bass Centre in Wapping and, God knows why, I was playing the part from Wherever I Lay My Hat (Paul Young version).

Next thing I knew I could hear someone soloing over the top of the stuff I was playing. First thought was that whoever it was had been 'showing off' a bit but his playing was seriously nice & sooo much better than mine.

I stuck my head up over the wall of amps & cabs to see Pino sitting on the other side. We smiled at each other & nodded and I quickly ducked out of sight :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='790753' date='Mar 30 2010, 04:15 PM']I once 'duetted' on bass with Pino, lol.

I was trying out an amp at the Bass Centre in Wapping and, God knows why, I was playing the part from Wherever I Lay My Hat (Paul Young version).

Next thing I knew I could hear someone soloing over the top of the stuff I was playing. First thought was that whoever it was had been 'showing off' a bit but his playing was seriously nice & sooo much better than mine.

I stuck my head up over the wall of amps & cabs to see Pino sitting on the other side. We smiled at each other & nodded and I quickly ducked out of sight :)[/quote]

I think thats one of Pino's proudest moments. He goes on and on and on about it down the pub ;-)

I saw The Ox in the old BC once, and on another occasion Mark king. It was early days for my playing so i didnt dare pick anything up while they were there.