Why become a member? ×

Yes... it's ANOTHER Shuker!

Bigwan

Bigwan that looks stunning. I'm going up to see Jon in a few weeks to put down a deposit and begin the process.
a 5 string, with John East/ACG circuit and passive Delano pick-ups. I wanted the option of fully passive operation with the passive tone control still available and the john east circuits offer that.
I'll begin a build diary once it's all confirmed.

looking forward to seeing your finished bass

T

• 3 weeks later...

Very nearly there! Only fitting the pots left to do. Should be in my grubby mits soon! I'm drooling here...

More pics. The last one's were a bit light, these may seem dark in comparison, but the colour in these is closer to what I was after:

[attachment=12903:DSCN4963.jpg][attachment=12904:DSCN4964.jpg]

[quote name='Bigwan' post='277025' date='Sep 4 2008, 02:25 PM']Very nearly there! Only fitting the pots left to do. Should be in my grubby mits soon! I'm drooling here...

More pics. The last one's were a bit light, these may seem dark in comparison, but the colour in these is closer to what I was after:

[attachment=12903:DSCN4963.jpg][attachment=12904:DSCN4964.jpg][/quote]

That's gorgeous mate!
The wait is nearly over :)

Eude

[quote name='Bigwan' post='277025' date='Sep 4 2008, 02:25 PM']Very nearly there! Only fitting the pots left to do. Should be in my grubby mits soon! I'm drooling here...

[attachment=12903:DSCN4963.jpg][attachment=12904:DSCN4964.jpg][/quote]

Loooooooovely!

and a new "Shuker maple with no dots fingerboard" club member!
Let's confuse those guitarists!

That my friend is absolutely stunning and gorgeous!!!! I love it!!!!! Honestly, that finish with the birdseye neck makes me drool!

Infact, I think I'm going to have to fill the rest of this sentence with yet more '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s

yeah!

Well I was on the blower with Jon last night squaring up the remainder of the bill and organising shipping. The bass just needs a setup now and should be on its way to me on Monday. All being well it'll be here on Wednesday. I have to wait another week... so near... don't know if my nerves can take it... wibble... wibble... snarf...

[quote name='Bigwan' post='281038' date='Sep 10 2008, 12:40 PM']Well I was on the blower with Jon last night squaring up the remainder of the bill and organising shipping. The bass just needs a setup now and should be on its way to me on Monday. All being well it'll be here on Wednesday. I have to wait another week... so near... don't know if my nerves can take it... wibble... wibble... snarf...[/quote]

I was up at Jon's early last week and saw your bass. The finish is fantastic and really catches the eye. It looks a lot deeper in the flesh

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='281060' date='Sep 10 2008, 01:06 PM']I was up at Jon's early last week and saw your bass. The finish is fantastic and really catches the eye. It looks a lot deeper in the flesh[/quote]

Not helping with the wait!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='281096' date='Sep 10 2008, 02:02 PM']Well now I'm curious![/quote]

Only joking :)

Truthfully though, it's a gorgeous looking bass and the colour Jon has managed to achieve is fantastic- incredibly distinctive and very individual. I know you'll be over the moon with it.

• 2 weeks later...