Why become a member? ×

Superstition track by track

OldGit

cheers for that! great stuff!
I love hearing isolated tracks like that and hearing how they all cement together. takes away none of the wonder (excuse the pun) of the track by hearing it dissected like that
Reminds me of a few years back on the old bassworld site someone posted a link to isolated led zep drum tracks where you could hear john bonham grunting and effing and jeffing his way through the tracks.
Wasnt there a post way back with lots of different isolated tracks?

cheers for that! great stuff!
I love hearing isolated tracks like that and hearing how they all cement together. takes away none of the wonder (excuse the pun) of the track by hearing it dissected like that
Reminds me of a few years back on the old bassworld site someone posted a link to isolated led zep drum tracks where you could hear john bonham grunting and effing and jeffing his way through the tracks.
Wasnt there a post way back with lots of different isolated tracks

[quote name='casapete' post='772786' date='Mar 12 2010, 02:10 PM']Ace, especially the horns![/quote]

Yeah, embarrassingly this find came about when the MD in the occasional funk band I play with gave me the baritone sax part for Superstition and I thought he'd transcribed it incorrectly. He produced this web page and I learned a lot :)
Turns out I'd been playing it incorrectly for years without realising.

I only ever play it on bass in 3 or 4 piece bands so I play the key parts of the clavinet and horn parts too :rolleyes: Overplay? Wasaat?

Edited by OldGit

I had all of the tracks as seperate .wav files at one point in the past, think it might have been on my old computer. We were given them as a mixing project when I studied Music Tech at uni, I recall having great fun putting all the clav parts together! I'm pretty sure they're available on the web somewhere.

Speaking of which - anyone watched the making of Songs in the Key of Life that's on rotation on Sky Arts at the moment?

I thought I knew this album really well but it's full of stuff that I've never picked out in the mix, amazing stuff.

Great to watch Stevie playing some of the funky bass parts with his left hand whilst playing key melody parts over the top :)

Interesting to see Nate Watts too, couldn't work out what sort of bass he was playing though?