NEW Fender Deluxe Models!

Musicman20

I just showed the missus the natural one, the conversation went:

"Look at this dear"

"it's pretty, you have really started to like natural basses lately"

"indeed, but you would kill me if I brought it home"

"If we have the money and the space you can have as many basses as you like"

This one's a keeper.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='782723' date='Mar 22 2010, 08:50 PM']I just showed the missus the natural one, the conversation went:

"Look at this dear"

This one's a keeper.[/quote]

Awesome. The girlfriend said to me I can spend as much as I like on instruments as long as I have the cash to spare! Definitely a keeper hahahah.

[quote name='Clarky' post='782650' date='Mar 22 2010, 07:56 PM']Is it me or is the fourth knob on the Precision too close to the jack socket? All looks a little too bunched up for me. Why didn't they put the jack socket on the lower edge? See Oly White one below:

[attachment=45386:0194070705_xl.jpg][/quote]
I think it's the passive switch which is between the fourth knob and the last pickguard screw and the jack is on the side.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='782746' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:09 PM']I think it's the passive switch which is between the fourth knob and the last pickguard screw and the jack is on the side.[/quote]
Ah, my bad bro, innit (read the eBay car ad thread from mykesbass!)

Still think the control plate looks too crowded

[quote name='Clarky' post='782751' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:14 PM']Ah, my bad bro, innit (read the eBay car ad thread from mykesbass!)[/quote]
I can't find it. EDIT: Found it now.

[quote name='Clarky' post='782751' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:14 PM']Still think the control plate looks too crowded[/quote]
Agreed.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Clarky' post='782751' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:14 PM']Ah, my bad bro, innit (read the eBay car ad thread from mykesbass!)[/quote]

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='782773' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:28 PM']I can't find it. EDIT: Found it now.[/quote]
:) :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='782723' date='Mar 22 2010, 08:50 PM']I just showed the missus the natural one, the conversation went:

"Look at this dear"

This one's a keeper.[/quote]

Wayne, if you do ever buy a natural bass you do realise Hell will freeze over!!!! :)

[quote name='Raggy' post='782901' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:57 PM']Wayne, if you do ever buy a natural bass you do realise Hell will freeze over!!!! :)[/quote]
Next he will be slipping into posts, "Hmmmm, I'm quite liking sunburst finishes and tort pickguards". At that point the four horsemen of the apocalypse arrive

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='784149' date='Mar 23 2010, 11:12 PM']Yes, it looks like they're using the same bodies as the Am.Std this time. It's good business sense to delete the smaller body shape they used to use for the Deluxe model. :)[/quote]

Am i in the minority speaking up for the smaller size body - I love the look of the jazz and the feel of the necks (on most) but the huge (to me) body size puts me off - loved my Status t-bass Jazz clone but felt it was wearing me when I played it.

Blocks and binding do it for me though so these look cracking not sure about the P with the extra pick-up and controls tho'.

BB