Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

On 14/06/2023 at 10:01, dmccombe7 said:

Are they ok ie reliability ?

Behringer can be hit or a miss from what i know.

Dave

We’ve been using in ears exclusively for the last 3 years and I’ve used one of these instead of an amp probably done over 200 gigs without any issues whatsoever. There are undoubtedly better and much more expensive Options out there but for the price these are reliable and great value. My intention was originally to use it as a short term solution in case I couldn’t get use to in ears , but honestly never seen a reason to upgrade 

cheers Steve 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peety said:

We’ve been using in ears exclusively for the last 3 years and I’ve used one of these instead of an amp probably done over 200 gigs without any issues whatsoever. There are undoubtedly better and much more expensive Options out there but for the price these are reliable and great value. My intention was originally to use it as a short term solution in case I couldn’t get use to in ears , but honestly never seen a reason to upgrade 

cheers Steve 

Thanks Steve that's a good positive comment for it.

Dave

On 12/06/2023 at 13:59, casapete said:

We’ve had a busy week with 3 gigs in Southend, Retford and Chesterfield.

Southend was a blast - around 1100 people in and well up for a good night. The Cliffs Pavilion is a big

theatre with a good sounding room and great staff, so a good night had by all. Managed a drink or

two afterwards, although we went to the wrong hotel at first - apparently there are 2 Premier Inns in
Southend, and very close to each other!

Next up was Retford Majestic, a much smaller venue but sold out. Again, a great sounding room and

and not our usual PA, but it sounded great nevertheless. ( I’m the only person on stage who doesn’t 

use IEM’s, so the only person who can hear any changes in the FOH sound. )

Then last night we were at The Winding Wheel in Chesterfield. Near capacity crowd and another

good one. Local gig for some of our band and crew as well, and I was home for midnight too.

7cb08581-0269-40a0-8513-0d4d27d0879f.jpeg

I've just seen you're playing The Core in Solihull next weekend, both nights sold out there as well.  I'll have to keep an eye out for when you're next there.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 02:56, dmccombe7 said:

was looking at the reviews and it looks and sounds amazing Daryl.

As its only for sound effects i'm looking for a cheaper pre-amp / DI pedal in fact a DI pedal would probably do the job and let the desk do the EQ.

Dave 

I use a basic di for acoustic gigs. A new pre amp di would probably be nice but it's  not really urgent.

Daryl

• Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 21:53, Bluewine said:

She's Right I'm Left

Acoustic gig tonight at Revere's in Delafield . Classy place and high end clientle. 

We outside.

Blue

FB_IMG_1686797251893.jpg

We played a 6-9 three peice acoustic show. 

It was freezing outside, 50 degrees by the lake. It was also damp and we were struggling to keep our guitars in tune.

Very engaged crowd. 

Blue

IMG_20230617_224136~2.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I use a basic di for acoustic gigs. A new pre amp di would probably be nice but it's  not really urgent.

Daryl

To be honest a basic DI would work just as well and let FOH desk sort out the EQ on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

To be honest a basic DI would work just as well and let FOH desk sort out the EQ on it.

Agreed, in theory the Ampeg di/pre amp seems really cool. Dave what would I really be getting for my hard earned $400.00. I don't think it will change my life. Lol

Daryl

• Like 1

On 15/06/2023 at 09:00, martthebass said:

I think a fair few were wasted Daryl but only one was an uncoordinated Richard. 

We have this one older guy that shows up to our gigs. Without fail he's always found laying on the floor somewhere passed out.

Blue

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

We have this one older guy that shows up to our gigs. Without fail he's always found laying on the floor somewhere passed out.

Blue

I don’t deny what you’re saying, Blue, but I object to being described as old😂

• Haha 8

The awesome Farmyard rally in Helmsley yesterday. First on the evening bill as we know how to get a party started. Only 10 in the marquee just before we came on but a good couple hundred as we came on and double that before the end of the set. It was hotter than hell in there - the big hair didn’t help! 
Being on early did have the bonus of being able to catch some of the other bands, Women in Rock were particularly awesome.
Will post some pics as they come in…..in the meantime here’s the Mustang brothers.IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.5c2074d1bf8028f53d0742b696f6b156.jpeg

• Like 10

Festival gig last night with a bunch of Dutch Mason alumni doing a tribute to Dutch. He was quite the legend in the Canadian blues scene. Saw a lot of old faces , and players I hadn’t seen for a while. 
Dutch alumni are not a terribly exclusive lot , he played with most everybody here on the east coast at one time or another.

It was a great night! 

• Like 12

Altho not strictly a gig last night with punk band Emergency Exit we played to a small intimate audience of family and friends while setting up the gear for a gig tonight in a friends very large house in Wanlockhead. He was having a birthday party for his brother on Sat night and said we could all come down on Fri afternoon and set up the gear, have a BBQ and a few beers and if we want to play a few songs even better so we did. I was driving as i live 25mins away so no beer for me.

Back there tonight for the actual gig which is a freebie hence the BBQ thrown in last night for us. 

We occasionally rehearse in his function room if its not leased out that week. Cracking big house too currently building a pool on the end.

Driving again tonight so no beers for me but the rest of the band are staying over and drummer lives in same village within staggering distance :laugh1:

We can leave the gear there and pick up on Sunday too so no carrying lots of gear thru lots of sweaty bodies at end of the night. Last time we did this kind of party it went on until 4am. Way past my bed time especially when sober.

Should be a great wee night and i'll update tomorrow on how it went.

Dave 

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, martthebass said:

The awesome Farmyard rally in Helmsley yesterday. First on the evening bill as we know how to get a party started. Only 10 in the marquee just before we came on but a good couple hundred as we came on and double that before the end of the set. It was hotter than hell in there - the big hair didn’t help! 
Being on early did have the bonus of being able to catch some of the other bands, Women in Rock were particularly awesome.
Will post some pics as they come in…..in the meantime here’s the Mustang brothers.IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.5c2074d1bf8028f53d0742b696f6b156.jpeg

Mustang basses are cool.

Blue

• Like 1

Meh. After the last one with 4 Play (I know, I know) last night’s (Greyhound pub, Sutton Bridge) was so so. Singer man still not sure on arrangements and introduced his acoustic. Too many variables. Also: we play for like 45 mins and take a break… wha? No no no, just keep playing! Plus sides: I mixed the guitar and associated BVs at a sensible level rather than the +245dB usually favoured by said stringed instrument wielder. Sounds, erm, better that way!

Three weekends in a row coming up with Clutching at Straws, the big boy cover band. Stocked full of musicians and able to make ANY room dance… two gigs next Saturday, following weekend Sunday afternoon at Rock on the Rec Stamford (45 min beer festival sets are what we were born to do. Start with Mamma Mia* and turn the wick up from there. Lights, PA, plug in and play. Few will emerge unscathed) and a wedding the following Saturday at our mate Malcolm’s personal pub. Excellent. Can’t freaking wait.

As usual this weekend Fender Dimension > GK > Barefaced for the win.  Betty needs new strings for her busy month ahead.

* worth noting that Timbo and I Agnetha and Frida in the original key. We’re male, and in our 50s and late 40s respectively. I give myself an attaboy every time we play it.

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 6

An early set for a friends birthday. 

We arrive and alarm bells immediately ring, we are to set up on grass in front of a PA rigged for DJs, outside in the baking hot sun... No flat surface for the drums, and as soon as we chuck a mic up its feedback city. Luckily the guy providing the sound is a smart and resourceful fella, he grabs the DJ monitors on stands and sets them up in front of us (a nice pair of QSCs which were more than adequate) then manages to cobble together a makeshift drum riser out of rack lids.

We were on far too early, hardly anyone there but played really well - sounded good and a good test for playing in adverse conditions!

The PA rig was particularly impressive - solar powered with a bunch of Tesla batteries, able to run for over 12 hours on battery power alone. In the bright sunshine was fully charged and easily still running 4k of bass.

Off Grid Sound Systems if anyone is interested 👍

• Like 13