Why become a member? ×

Blocked/Bound Jazz Neck For a Precision?

numptydumpty

[quote name='discreet' post='753392' date='Feb 21 2010, 11:35 PM']EDIT: Is that your house in the pic, Dave?[/quote]

LOl, no . That always gets asked. I took this at a wedding gig we did a couple of years ago.
The wedding photographer lent me his very expensive lens to play with so i thought i had better make use of it.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='753519' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:41 AM']LOl, no . That always gets asked. I took this at a wedding gig we did a couple of years ago.
The wedding photographer lent me his very expensive lens to play with so i thought i had better make use of it.[/quote]

Duh, the correct answer was "don't be daft, that's just our little weekend place"...

[quote name='numptydumpty' post='754181' date='Feb 22 2010, 06:32 PM']I suppose if it is worth that much and if I could fit it without damaging,I could resell it later and not lose anything.I hear Kasuga was a respected brand on a par with Tokai?[/quote]
They were. Kasuga actually built replica-standard guitars for Tokai, when Tokai's own factory couldn't meet demand. For my money the ones I've seen (and I own a Kasuga Rick copy) are built to as high a standard as Matsumokus & Fujigens of the era, & if anything, attention to detail's better.

How hacked-up is the £100 Jazz?

Jon.

[quote name='numptydumpty' post='755283' date='Feb 23 2010, 06:10 PM']Main issue with the body is that someone has removed neck pickup and fitted some anonymous jazz pickup and lost the pickguard.But might the neck be worth the money? :)[/quote]

If it's not actually damaged & it just has missing/changed parts, £100 doesn't sound too bad - obviously I'd have to see it to be doing anything other than guessing, but from what you describe, I think it'd fetch more than a ton on Ebay.

If you do go for it - don't change the headstock logo - that will immediately destroy a big part of its resale value.

J.

Hi all,

I'm currently suffering a GAS attack for a P-bass, but having been a Jazz player for many years, would like to get one with the thinner neck. I was looking at something like a 70s re-issue (Japanese) or a 2nd Hand Duck Dunn Skyline - I'm just not at all keen on the CAR colour! However, having seen the block inlay & binding necks the Skylines have, I really want one. Does anyone know of a neck supplier who does a rosewood board with block inlays and binding? I'm beginning to feel a project build coming on. :)

Edited by Simon.

[quote name='Simon.' post='755985' date='Feb 24 2010, 12:21 PM']Hi all,

I'm currently suffering a GAS attack for a P-bass, but having been a Jazz player for many years, would like to get one with the thinner neck. I was looking at something like a 70s re-issue (Japanese) or a 2nd Hand Duck Dunn Skyline - I'm just not at all keen on the CAR colour! However, having seen the block inlay & binding necks the Skylines have, I really want one. Does anyone know of a neck supplier who does a rosewood board with block inlays and binding? I'm beginning to feel a project build coming on. :)[/quote]

Ive just posted in another thread but im pretty sure you can by a Lakland neck direct form Lakland. No idea of the cost but i know of a couple of people that have done this.

Edited by dave_bass5