Why become a member? ×

Right Then, Here Goes....

Hot Tub

OK, OK, I'll put you out of my misery! :)

Well, it was... erm... AWESOME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The singer invited me to take to the stage mid-way through the first set, when I wasn't expecting it. I think I may have poo'd a little! Started with Sweet Home Alabama and I didn't drop a beat or fluff a note. Guitars stopped at one point so it was just drums & bass with the audience singing the chorus. It was amazing! Then we did Crazy Little Thing Called Love which also went without a hitch and got a great response. Thought we were gonna end with Smokin' In The Boys Room (which seriously ROCKED!), but it all went so well that we also did Let's Stick Together and that too was fantastic. The cheer I got at the end was louder than the band!

My little MarkBass was waaaaayyyyy too loud and was operating at about one third power, so no worries there, and that was up against the band's backline and PA (Ampeg - looked like a 2 x 12" and a 1 x 15", and the guitarists Marshall 4 x 12").

How did it feel? Absolutely freakin' amazing! Mrs HT was very proud and I got literally showered with compliments and some slightly amazed expressions afterwards. Apparently the band thought I was ok too.... Their bassist plays in another band and so the have to turn down gigs if he's not available. The drummer and singer independently asked if I'd consider joining them and asked for my phone number! How cool is that!?!? I guess the best compliment is the one you get from fellow musicians.

Special thanks to everyone on here who talked me into doing it and helped to put my mind at rest.

I will definitely be doing it again. As soon as possible!

:rolleyes:

Oh, and another thing. I didn't have anything to drink before playing. Took my kit home and dumped the car at the interval and a mate brought me back to the pub. I then proceeded to get thoroughly scuttered. The hangover today was/is, shall we say, impressive.

:)

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='730783' date='Jan 31 2010, 05:05 PM']OK, OK, I'll put you out of my misery! :)

Their bassist plays in another band and so the have to turn down gigs if he's not available. The drummer and singer independently asked if I'd consider joining them and asked for my phone number! How cool is that!?!? I guess the best compliment is the one you get from fellow musicians.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Hole in one! Well done that man. "Cherry" popped [i]and[/i] you seem to have got at least a dep gig out of it - jammy sod!

Pete.

Be warned, playing gigs is like getting tattooed. The first one is the difficult one, but after that is becomes addictive and you want a whole load more.

Awesome job on hitting a blinder that man! Was anyone there with a videocamera to record the historic moment?

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='730783' date='Jan 31 2010, 05:05 PM']Their bassist plays in another band and so the have to turn down gigs if he's not available. The drummer and singer independently asked if I'd consider joining them and asked for my phone number! How cool is that!?!?[/quote]

Excellent, you obviously rocked it. How silly do you feel to have waited this long to do it? :)

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='730937' date='Jan 31 2010, 06:41 PM']Stop being a puss,and just do it ?[/quote]
Hardly sympathetic, that, however, that is precisely what you must do. It's not exactly like giving birth is it.

It's man-pride that stops blokes getting on the stage, and once they realise they can be up there without looking like/playing like a twat, it's man-pride that keeps them going up there.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='730937' date='Jan 31 2010, 06:41 PM']Stop being a puss,and just do it ?[/quote]

LOL i am doing it thats why i asked :) I was meant to be playing my first gig in December at a mates 40th but we had to cancel it due to a licensing problem then again the next week due to the weather.

The band was only formed for that one off gig but one of the guys reckons after putting in the time and effort we have to play a gig that gig is in 2 weeks time at another mates birthday although at least this time we're playing 4 tracks while the main band takes a break. Now it's getting close and suddenly i'm bricking it again!

[quote name='silddx' post='730966' date='Jan 31 2010, 07:03 PM']Hardly sympathetic, that, however, that is precisely what you must do. It's not exactly like giving birth is it.

It's man-pride that stops blokes getting on the stage, and once they realise they can be up there without looking like/playing like a twat, it's man-pride that keeps them going up there.[/quote]

Ha ha i'm a girl so i'm allowed to have no man pride at all so i'm still terrified of doing it :rolleyes: