Why become a member? ×

Whats wrong with this Blazer

numptydumpty

[quote name='numptydumpty' post='723568' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:22 PM']This has been on the bay at least twice with zero interest.Can it really be that bad? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200430628720"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200430628720[/url][/quote]

You mean you started it at 99P but no bidders?

Looks like he's listed it twice previously & then cancelled the listings. No idea why, but presumably not to consult a dictionary for the correct definition & usage of the word "idyllic".

I'd never buy a used bass from somebody who doesn't know what "idyllic" means.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='723639' date='Jan 24 2010, 10:25 PM']Looks like he's listed it twice previously & then cancelled the listings. No idea why, but presumably not to consult a dictionary for the correct definition & usage of the word "idyllic".

I'd never buy a used bass from somebody who doesn't know what "idyllic" means.

Jon.[/quote]

quite right too.

[quote name='mazdah' post='723831' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:45 AM']Looks OK.

Great basses, had one, played as good as my '62 US Vintage.[/quote]
They are - made by Fujigen Gakki alongside MIJ Fenders.

It'll do fine if he just lets it run. Grammar notwithstanding. :)

J.

[quote name='Johnston' post='723917' date='Jan 25 2010, 10:51 AM']I've been looking for something cheap and 33" to see if its any easier on my dodgy hands.

Sent a message asking what scale it was. Got back 'regular scale thanx'

What is regular scale ????[/quote]

It's a 34". It's doing it no disservice to describe it as a slightly restyled Precision copy.

J.

[quote name='Rich' post='723848' date='Jan 25 2010, 09:09 AM']And he's put a two space gap between AND and IT. I would never even consider buying anything at all from anyone who didn't know how to use a space bar properly. Disgraceful.
:)[/quote]

I'm castigating myself (very vigorously, believe me!) for not noticing that.

J.

[quote]IBANEZ BLAZER BASS SERIES.

ANYONE [b][color="#2E8B57"]HERE[/color][/b] [color="#FF0000"][s]THAT[/s][/color] [b][color="#2E8B57"]WHO[/color][/b] KNOWS THEIR RETRO BASS GUITARS [s][color="#FF0000"]HERE[/color][/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]WILL[/color][/b] KNOW[color="#FF0000"][s]S[/s][/color] [b][color="#2E8B57"]THAT AT WHICH [/color][/b][s][color="#FF0000"]WHAT[/color][/s] THEY ARE LOOKING [s][color="#FF0000"]AT[/color][/s].

THIS IS A 1982 MODEL.

[b][color="#2E8B57"]IT IS[/color][/b] BASED ON THE [color="#FF0000"][s]IDYLLIC[/s][/color] FENDER PRECISION BASS.

THE SOUND IS SOMEWHAT FATTER AND DARKER THAN A PRECISION. [s][color="#FF0000"]AND[/color] [/s] IT FEELS VERY SOLID AND [b][color="#2E8B57"]AS[/color][/b] INSTANTLY PLAYABLE AS [s]ALL[/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]ANY[/color][/b] GOOD INSTRUMENT[s][color="#FF0000"]S[/color][/s] [s][color="#FF0000"]SHOULD[/color][/s].

IT IS EXTREMELY WELL MADE AND SOUNDS IMPECCABLE [s][color="#FF0000"]AGAINST EVEN [/color][/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]COMPARED TO [/color][/b]THE SMARTEST BASS[s][color="#FF0000"]EST[/color][/s] [s]IN[/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]AT A[/color][/b] MUCH HIGHER PRICE [s][color="#FF0000"]BRACKETS[/color][/s].

THIS BASS PUNCHES FAR [s][color="#FF0000"]HIGHER THAN[/color] [/s] [color="#2E8B57"][b]ABOVE[/b][/color] ITS WEIGHT AND WILL DO SO FOR MANY YEARS TO COME .

IT WAS MANUFACTURED [s][color="#FF0000"]IN[/color][/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]AT[/color][/b] A TIME WHEN IBANEZ HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE AND [s][color="#FF0000"]THIS GUITAR[/color] [/s] PROVES THAT THE BLAZER IS A FORCE [b][color="#2E8B57"]WITH WHICH TO BE RECKONED [/color][/b][s][color="#FF0000"]WITH[/color][/s]!!

I HOPE SOMEONE HAS AS MUCH FUN [b][color="#2E8B57"]WITH THIS BASS[/color] [/b]AS I [s][color="#FF0000"]DID[/color][/s] [b][color="#2E8B57"]HAVE HAD [/color][/b][s][color="#FF0000"]WITH THIS BASS[/color][/s]!

GOOD LUCK![/quote]

2/10. Write out Hamlet's Soliloquy 20 times and present your completed work to Mrs Lupin by the close of School Day.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='724107' date='Jan 25 2010, 02:33 PM']2/10. Write out Hamlet's Soliloquy 20 times and present your completed work to Mrs Lupin by the close of School Day.[/quote]
nooo ! :rolleyes:
she'll probably bite your head off.
go see Mmlle.Lapin instead, she's much more cute and cuddly. :)
[attachment=41072:lapin.jpg]

edit - on second thoughts, she works for CNN, so she's probably a ferocious rabbit with pointy-pointy teeth..

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='numptydumpty' post='723568' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:22 PM']This has been on the bay at least twice with zero interest.Can it really be that bad? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200430628720"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200430628720[/url][/quote]

Good day, oh happy band of musicians, I have the answer! :lol:

Whilst the good lady was watching something that hadn't really got my attention,
I thought I would have a quick shufty, on t'internet. I have a couple of the Older
Blazer basses and a mate of mine fancies one in a big way (big fat sound).
Anyway, in trying to help him out, I came across this with a Buy it Now of. . . . . .
99p!!!!! :lol:
So I bought it and. . . . paid for it!
Seller wasn't too happy and listed it up again - [i]after[/i] I had bought it!
It was me who asked him to remove the listing and I tried to sort something
out and made a [i]very fair[/i] offer but in the end decided to back away gracefully
after my offer was declined.
So, as I said at the time - if something looks too good to be true, it probably is! :)

Cheers. :rolleyes:

If the original seller put the bass (or any other item) up with BIN at 99p and then refuses to sell he should be drummed off eBay. The other people that get my goat are the ones who are too cheapskate to put a reserve on something (cos it increases your selling fees a bit) but then pull out of a sale when it doesn't fetch what they wanted. Ban the lot of 'em.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='724313' date='Jan 25 2010, 05:33 PM']If I was flogging it I'd probably expect £150 - £180.

J.[/quote]
Yeah, but you manage to list your stuff without meaningless hyperbole, crappy pictures, stupid mistakes or pulling the auction before the end! :)