Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Rather special Spector Euro 5 LX for sale - price drop

GreeneKing

The outrageous fortunes of slings and arrows, or something like that :)

Tis amusing how life progresses. I'm no longer single and things in that direction are very good. Life is very good. My new lady is a biker. I gave up biking nearly 3 years ago after about 37 years and sold everything, absolutely everything.

Now I'm planning on getting on the road again, trips to Europe in the Summer in the planning stages etc.

But, being a student on placement means I have no income and can't work. The NS5 was going to have to go :rolleyes: Tragedy indeed.

But, I've bought an older bike (BMW R1100RS) and the NS5 can stay but it's shiny sibling needs to go.

This bass is special in more ways than one. First it's white, very white and in very nice condition indeed.

Next comes the pre-amp. I like to have onboard control of my mids and this U-Retro Deluxe has sweepable mids. John has produced a one off model to fit in the 4 hole body with all the options including active/passive switching and a passive tone control (like Sadowsky's VTC).

It has Vol/balance, Bass/treble, sweepable mids and the passive tone control that also acts as a pull knob active passive switch.

I really do wish that this bass didn't have to go.

It has conventional strap buttons fitted at the moment but I will include Schaller strap locks as fitted standard. A brand new set of Sadowsky nickels .130 fitted with tapered B.

Comes with Spector case in great condition.

I'm looking for £1050 (Now [b]£1000[/b] including UK shipping although collection is preferred).

I'm hopefully travelling South from Kendal this w/e so delivery may be an option too.

Edited by GreeneKing

Peter, that's a real shame you have to get rid of what is a lovely bass but I'm exceedingly happy to hear that other things in your life are progressing positively. Congratulations and best wishes sir! :)

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' post='709296' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:16 PM']Peter, that's a real shame you have to get rid of what is a lovely bass but I'm exceedingly happy to hear that other things in your life are progressing positively. Congratulations and best wishes sir! :)[/quote]
My sentiments exactly..

Beautiful looking instrument Peter - good luck with sale and with being back on the road again!

I don't know what to say. Really pleased about the lady/bike situation for you, Peter. Great times ahead. I'm glad you are hanging on to the Redwood too - I'll be up for that when you want to upgrade the bike :-)

This is an absolutely fantastic instrument; I can't speak highly enough of them (or its owner). If anyone nearer me is interested in this and wants a go on my East equipped Euro 5 before committing to Peter's give me a shout. Mine is NOT for sale btw.

Don't be scared of the Spectors, they are good for any style of music; I use my trio in a very diverse function band. They're a bit like Lamborghinis and Ducatis, people are suspicious until they've had a go for real and when they know what they're like they fall in love.

Edited by Sean

Getting back into bikes is good - I sold my Sei Original 5 string headless about 6-7 years ago in order to put a deposit down on a custom bike.

I then added a couple more bikes and when I eventually cut back to 2 bikes I'd 'saved' enough money from the final sale to lash out on a very expensive bass again, lol.

Bikes & basses, ya can't beat 'em!

Spectors are great basses as well. Fantastic playability and really comfortable. This one looks really funky too :)

This guy was looking for a White Streamer last month. A Spector might be close enough...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71577&hl=white+thumb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=white+thumb[/url]

[quote name='rjb' post='709545' date='Jan 11 2010, 10:53 PM']This guy was looking for a White Streamer last month. A Spector might be close enough...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71577&hl=white+thumb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=white+thumb[/url][/quote]

Or even an improvement :)

[quote name='Sean' post='709525' date='Jan 11 2010, 10:40 PM']Don't be scared of the Spectors, they are good for any style of music; I use my trio in a very diverse function band. They're a bit like Lamborghinis and Ducatis, people are suspicious until they've had a go for real and when they know what they're like they fall in love.[/quote]

VERY well said.... :)