Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot BFC Cab

Pow_22

Im selling my Trace Elliot BFC 1000w cab as i didnt research properly and dont have the amp to power it. Its a 4x10 top and 1x15 bottom all in one cab. Ive been told it is technically 3 cabs in one (2x2x10 with a tweeter each and the 1x15). Pick up only due to the weight of the thing. Im looking for £200 or would consider trading for the old style grilled Ashdown Mag cabs (either 115 or 410). Will post pic as soon as i can

Edited by Pow_22

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='696467' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:57 PM']I would love this, how many OHMs is it?[/quote]

It's three separate 4-ohm sets of speakers with a common return, which is why you need 3 x power amps or ideally an AH1000 to drive it.

You are right about the AH1000 - that's the amp it wants.
The BFC cab is a biamp design with a bottom section and stereo tops.
It doesn't run full range unless you completely rewire it - and that involves a complete unbuild and some drilling...

I have an AH500X and an AH350X that will run it, but for its full everything, you want to feed the 250w+250w stereo top section.

Then WOW!

Edited by Thornybank

Hi there, as far as I know you can use any Bi-amp head and run the two 2x10s as a 4x10 hi-pass and the 15 as a low pass but NOT all three sections together without a complete re-wire.
If you can source an AH 350x or 500x (needs to be the 'x' as it stands for 'X'over) you should be fine... may be cheaper ...sell your amp and buy head.. then sell off such a good cab for so little... or you may only have a small car... then, ah, physics takes over...

Good luck anyway.

Andy

[quote name='rumour6' post='698361' date='Jan 1 2010, 08:59 PM']Hi there, as far as I know you can use any Bi-amp head and run the two 2x10s as a 4x10 hi-pass and the 15 as a low pass .[/quote]

In this case the 1x15 is 4-ohms and the 4 x 10 would be 2-ohms.

[quote name='Thornybank' post='698059' date='Jan 1 2010, 04:07 PM']You are right about the AH1000 - that's the amp it wants.
The BFC cab is a biamp design with a bottom section and stereo tops.
It doesn't run full range unless you completely rewire it - and that involves a complete unbuild and some drilling...

I have an AH500X and an AH350X that will run it, but for its full everything, you want to feed the 250w+250w stereo top section.

Then WOW![/quote]

I have a AH600SMX head - would that be sufficient???

Sorry for the delay in replying peeps. USB cable for my phone is on its way so pics will be up very shortly. Im not so good on back line techincals but i have been told only the AH1000 will power the whole cab. If you know differently then fair enough, you are welconme to try your head thru the cab (based in Bolton). As i mentioned the carpet at the bottom of the cab is a little tatty and the front grill has a couple of small scratched but nothing to major. Pis will follow very shortly.

Any biamp head will do it - its just not a full range cab ( 2x250 top and 500 bottom).
Chap with an AH600SMX sez his biamps = that'll work.
Pre with stereo out and stereo power will do it.
I have an AH350X and an AH500X if anyone wants to go the distance on a package.

This thing is no money - found one advertsied for $3300AUS

[quote name='Thornybank' post='709908' date='Jan 12 2010, 12:48 PM']Any biamp head will do it - its just not a full range cab ( 2x250 top and 500 bottom).[/quote]

How do work that then when there are 3 separate speaker circuits in the cab and a common return? You need 3 power amps.

Edited by obbm

• 2 weeks later...