Why become a member? ×

Oldgit's feedback

OldGit

[quote name='mikeyg' post='599034' date='Sep 15 2009, 10:51 AM']Awesome chap to buy from. I had only been on the forum a few days and he sold me an awesome little amp (Hartke A100), just what i was looking for. Got it sorted and posted to me. Beats any evilbay transaction i've done.

Cheers mate![/quote]

You are welcome.
Have fun with it.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a lovely CIJ 62 Reissue Fender Precison from Simon and I am delighted!

He took dozens of photos of the bass so that I knew every dent and scratch on the bass before I received it. Then seeing it in real life was a million times better than the images which made them look much worse than they actually were.

Great communications throughout, bass arived within 24 hours of him posting plus it was seriously well packaged.

he is also a great resource for all things bass and has help me since the purchase with technical setup issues.

Thanks Simon - much appreciated!

[quote name='Gary Williams' post='639801' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:14 AM']Just bought a lovely CIJ 62 Reissue Fender Precison from Simon and I am delighted!

He took dozens of photos of the bass so that I knew every dent and scratch on the bass before I received it. Then seeing it in real life was a million times better than the images which made them look much worse than they actually were.

Great communications throughout, bass arived within 24 hours of him posting plus it was seriously well packaged.

he is also a great resource for all things bass and has help me since the purchase with technical setup issues.

Thanks Simon - much appreciated![/quote]

You are welcome Gary. I hope you get on well with a P bass after all those [s]wasted [/s]years playing a Jazz :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='magee' post='650094' date='Nov 9 2009, 09:00 PM']I just bought a JV Precision from Simon. It's a corker, exactly as described and the transaction couldn't have been easier or more pleasant. Highly recommended,
Matthew[/quote]

Thanks Matthew. I am sure you'll put it to very good use :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='neepheid' post='673355' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:22 PM']Just received a couple of sets of strings from Si, well packaged and promptly posted. Cheers for a smooth transaction :)[/quote]

You are welcome mate. Thanks to hartke_uk for supplying them and then OK-ing their sale to fund the BC contribution and charity donation.
(from a bass bash in case you are reading this and confused ):rolleyes:)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='702492' date='Jan 6 2010, 09:39 AM']Got a chunky bridge off Simon.
In the spirit of seasonal cheer Si sent it FOC with a small donation to BC. Arrived quick sharp and magnificently wrapped.
Cheers mate. [/quote]

You are welcome :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Geek99' post='771208' date='Mar 11 2010, 06:28 AM']Top chap to deal with - I bought his 62 reiisue jazz bass. May just make it to the bass bash on 18th[/quote]

Be good to see you, mind you you may find the GAS irresistible :)

Just wanted to post something here in praise of Oldgit....
He has gone far above and beyond the call of duty with all the help he gave on my bands website. It's gone from "okay" to "pretty good if I do say so myself".
And, most importantly, I'm quite sure all this help has resulted in an increase in bookings for The Panoramics (my band).
I still can't understand where he gets all the spare time for his charitable contributions, but by now he must have amassed a huge reserve of good karma.... your definitely going to heaven Si!
Some day I hope to be able to pay him back in some way, because honestly it is so rare to come across a stranger on the internet (or in real life) who is willing to go out of their way to help out of the goodness of their own heart.
He offers top quality advice, no doubt which is worth a pretty penny if I'd been looking for someone's professional services. And have no doubt, Oldgit is definitely a professional when it comes to website usability. He knows his stuff.
I hope this doesn't come across too gushy, but if anyone out there gets a chance to work with or is offered help by Si (Oldgit), bite his hand off.

Just in-case your interested seeing the site all the work was done on, its this one:

www.thepanoramics.com

Thanks

Jesse

[quote name='Jesso' post='779563' date='Mar 19 2010, 11:02 AM']Just wanted to post something here in praise of Oldgit....
He has gone far above and beyond the call of duty with all the help he gave on my bands website. It's gone from "okay" to "pretty good if I do say so myself".
And, most importantly, I'm quite sure all this help has resulted in an increase in bookings for The Panoramics (my band).
I still can't understand where he gets all the spare time for his charitable contributions, but by now he must have amassed a huge reserve of good karma.... your definitely going to heaven Si!
Some day I hope to be able to pay him back in some way, because honestly it is so rare to come across a stranger on the internet (or in real life) who is willing to go out of their way to help out of the goodness of their own heart.
He offers top quality advice, no doubt which is worth a pretty penny if I'd been looking for someone's professional services. And have no doubt, Oldgit is definitely a professional when it comes to website usability. He knows his stuff.
I hope this doesn't come across too gushy, but if anyone out there gets a chance to work with or is offered help by Si (Oldgit), bite his hand off.

Just in-case your interested seeing the site all the work was done on, its this one:

[url="http://www.thepanoramics.com/"]www.thepanoramics.com[/url]

Thanks

Jesse[/quote]

Chheers Jesse,
It was a pleasure

So, deal agreed Sunday.
Bass arrived 7.40 am Tuesday. Should have the wrapping undone by Friday(that's a lie, but to damage this bass in transit would have been bordering on impossible)
AMAZING.
I love the bass, it is better than described,did I say I love the bass?

Simon, I simply cannot praise you enough, superb, easy transaction.
I am immensely grateful to you for providing me with a Precision with a slimmer neck, that I can play.
Did I say I love the bass?
Now, where's that stupid grin removal cream?

TOP,TOP guy.

Many thanks,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='783148' date='Mar 23 2010, 10:17 AM']So, deal agreed Sunday.
Bass arrived 7.40 am Tuesday. Should have the wrapping undone by Friday(that's a lie, but to damage this bass in transit would have been bordering on impossible)
AMAZING.
I love the bass, it is better than described,did I say I love the bass?

Simon, I simply cannot praise you enough, superb, easy transaction.
I am immensely grateful to you for providing me with a Precision with a slimmer neck, that I can play.
Did I say I love the bass?
Now, where's that stupid grin removal cream?

TOP,TOP guy.

Many thanks,
Karl.[/quote]

Gosh!

Thanks Karl.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What everyone else has said. Si is a proper gent, and I've dealt with him on several basses. Every time has been a pleasure, and he's a thoroughly nice bloke to chat to as well. Such is my faith in the man, I think I bought my last P bass from him before I'd received any photos or details! It was a case of "I've got a '62 Jamerson that you'll love". I bought it on Si's recommendation, a day later it was with me, and it's a fantastic bass.

Thanks mate :)

[quote name='tredders' post='824383' date='Apr 30 2010, 08:50 PM']What everyone else has said. Si is a proper gent, and I've dealt with him on several basses. Every time has been a pleasure, and he's a thoroughly nice bloke to chat to as well. Such is my faith in the man, I think I bought my last P bass from him before I'd received any photos or details! It was a case of "I've got a '62 Jamerson that you'll love". I bought it on Si's recommendation, a day later it was with me, and it's a fantastic bass.

Thanks mate :)[/quote]

You are welcome Mark.
Glad it's worked out for you and with flats too :rolleyes:
You'll be playing with one finger next :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just got Si's 70 RI CIJ Precision home. He really went out of his way for me, he offered to hold the bass while I drummed up the funds to buy it for a fair ammount of time (sorry ISA). He makes a mean coffee and is very knowledgeable. It's people like Si who make this forum the lovely place to wittle away hours of free time, exchange ideas/knowledge and buy and sell gear that it is. A true gent and a credit to the BC community. I just wish I'd left his wood and tronics where it was because the custom cogs are turning now! I would definatly deal with him again and looking forward to eventually picking his brains for custom build help and ideas. Top fella :)

Cheers Si

Love the bass by the way!