Why become a member? ×

All mine now, mwahahahah!

Clarky

Just acquired this from BC's richardd (aka Rich), having long coveted it (it used to be owned by Cairobill). Its a candy apple red '63 Jazz bass relic by Bill Nash, made in 2007. Its wonderfully solid-feeling, sounds great (has DiMarzio UltraJazzes), and has a surprisingly chunky neck (which suits me as a long-time P-bass player) topped by a very thick slab of streaky coloured rosewood. Truly beautiful thing ... and while not actually manufactured in 1963 (my birth year), its close enough for me (especially considering what a real '63 Jazz would set me back!) It is now sitting next to my recently-acquired vintage ('72) sunburst Fender Precision in my bass rack and the two look stunning together.

Pics below courtesy of Rich but I will add some of my own in the coming days.
[attachment=37879:nash_2.jpg][attachment=37881:nash_bass.jpg]

[quote name='Clarky' post='677445' date='Dec 8 2009, 04:08 AM']Just acquired this from BC's richardd (aka Rich), having long coveted it (it used to be owned by Cairobill). Its a candy apple red '63 Jazz bass relic by Bill Nash, made in 2007. Its wonderfully solid-feeling, sounds great (has DiMarzio UltraJazzes), and has a surprisingly chunky neck (which suits me as a long-time P-bass player) topped by a very thick slab of streaky coloured rosewood. Truly beautiful thing ... and while not actually manufactured in 1963 (my birth year), its close enough for me (especially considering what a real '63 Jazz would set me back!) It is now sitting next to my recently-acquired vintage ('72) sunburst Fender Precision in my bass rack and the two look stunning together.

Pics below courtesy of Rich but I will add some of my own in the coming days.
[attachment=37879:nash_2.jpg][attachment=37881:nash_bass.jpg][/quote]

Fine looking bass..

[quote name='Clarky' post='677543' date='Dec 8 2009, 09:32 AM']and some more of them leaning against the bath :)

[attachment=37887:Summer_2...tuff_230.JPG][attachment=37886:Summer_2...tuff_232.JPG][attachment=3788
5:Summer_2...tuff_231.JPG][/quote]
Absolutely horrible the pair of them! Send them to me for recycling immediately... :rolleyes:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='679702' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:51 PM']Very nice, Clarky :rolleyes: Satisfied for the time being, mate?[/quote]
Thanks OTPJ,

yep satisfied. My '72 P bass plays really well, hangs nicely (its light) and has great pickups. The Nash '63 is heavier and all together beefier - in fact the neck is chunkier than on my '72 P, which surprised me. I guess thats how they were in 1963, at which point P bass necks were even wider and chunkier (and I was born)! Just need to tweak the action on the Nash to suit lower tension TI Flats and it will be perfect.

These two should cover all the bases for me, although I still have my Shuker JJB which is SO well put together and easy to play that I don't think I could part with it. Looks like I'll end up with three basses :)