Why become a member? ×

Ashdown 2010 Valve Amp's

phatbass787

Just spotted this news story on the Dolphin Music site.

[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/news/news-story/news_id/4110"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/news/news-story/news_id/4110[/url]

Obviously we knew they were bringing the BTA 400 out but wow theres a whole BTA range, Plus a different totally all valve head plus a Hybrid rack head and combo, and a mini 30 watt all valve head too! Blimey they've been busy, obviously decided to properly gun for Ampeg now which is cool. None of ths going to help my resolution to clear my credit card debt next year!

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='671684' date='Dec 1 2009, 10:59 PM']"Little Bastard" :) Best name ever for an amp.

Some of those look very interesting. Any idea where they're gonna be made?[/quote]

Dolphins news story says 'All bar the Little Bastard head will be made to order at Ashdown's new Essex facility'

they look rather damn sweet! just wish they would get rid of the slidy things and one thing i have never known what the hell it does.... sub harmonics?? whats that all about? they look a little cluttered with stuff for valve amps, most i know try to stay away from millions of dials.

how come they need 6 x 6550's for 200w, seems a little odd.

Again, like the look of the Little Bastard! great lookin bit of kit, and i think they are trying to teach people that middle is more important on this amp than bottom end, as its the first nob on the left!

Edited by longtimefred

Man I'd love one of those Little Bastards too! :)
I've been keeping my eye out for a Trace Twin Valve for ages, but never found one at an "affordable price"...
Wonder how much it'll cost?
Might actually be a useful gigging amp for me as I'm using a 150W of Class D at the moment and from my, albeit limited, experience of all valve amps, 1W of valves is worth a truck load more than 1W of solid state power...

I wonder if they're gonna do anything new or different with their cabs?
They haven't really entered into the light(ish) single 12" cab market at all...

I'll be watching this thread excitedly...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='674155' date='Dec 4 2009, 01:43 PM']There was a time when Ashdown stuff used to look cool & well-built.

Now it just looks.. cheap.

IMO. Obviously.[/quote]

I know what you mean, none of these amps have the class look of those old chrome fronted ABM amps they did a while back :)
The BTA ones look quite "muckle" though :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='bassmansky' post='679227' date='Dec 9 2009, 04:28 PM']word from ashdown is that the LB 30 watt valve head will be £399 when it becomes available.supposingly its as loud as an abm 500w head![/quote]

WTF!!!!
I heard it'll be under 40lbs too!

I think I NEED one of these, assuming they're any good of course.

Any ideas on when they'll be available?...

Eude

I do like the look of the Little Bastard and at £399 it does seem like it could be good value for money. I'm just wondering how usable it is, I mean 30 watts isn't a great deal of output is it? Do people really expect it to keep up with guitar and drums in a live situation or is it just a really expensive practice head for home and studio use?

Curious to know if there is anything else like this out there, ie low wattage valve head. Any ideas?

[quote name='bassmansky' post='679227' date='Dec 9 2009, 04:28 PM']word from ashdown is that the LB 30 watt valve head will be £399 when it becomes available.supposingly its as loud as an abm 500w head![/quote]
watts are watts, the ABM will be louder.

The LB will probably be able to keep up in a band situation if you aren't after a clean tone or lots of low end.