Why become a member? ×

So I'm heading out for an audition.

Toasted

For luck, actors/thespians will say 'break a leg' before an audition or performance as it's considered bad luck to say 'good luck'.
What could we say then, to bass players?
Given we don't have the same superstitions, I'm not sure that 'break a string' is appropriate... :) :rolleyes:
Whatever it would be, hope the audition goes well.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='670402' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:37 PM']For luck, actors/thespians will say 'break a leg' before an audition or performance as it's considered bad luck to say 'good luck'.
What could we say then, to bass players?
Given we don't have the same superstitions, I'm not sure that 'break a string' is appropriate... :) :lol:
Whatever it would be, hope the audition goes well.[/quote]

Rumble a Bum? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Toasted' post='670992' date='Dec 1 2009, 12:57 PM']It's an originals band, I was sent 5 tracks to learn. We have to tighten those up, then there's 3 more "in progress" so once those are worked out and tightened up that'll be enough for a 30 minute opening set somewhere in town :)[/quote]

Give us a shout if you want a Manchester gig :rolleyes:

[quote name='Toasted' post='670757' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:14 AM']I like rumble a bum! You'd have to be careful what company you shared that in.

Anyway, I've been asked to join - a sucessful night all around. We'll have to see how it goes.[/quote]

I was going to say "good sh*t" but after the "rumble a bum" mantra, I'm not sure it gives quite the right impression. :)