Why become a member? ×

I'm dreading Friday

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='657823' date='Nov 18 2009, 08:56 AM']I was asked to do a dep gig on Friday night - playing 'classic rock' (yawn) at a biker's do. We rehearsed last night and it was absolutely dreadful - we were all over the place and the noise was excrutiating.

We'll go down like whaleshit.

Never again :)[/quote]

All the best with it Al, you never know. What's the worst that can happen? (you could end up a 25 stone hairy bikers 'bitch' :lol: )

Got me thinking, seems my band are qualified for biker gigs :rolleyes:

it can't be that bad, they were booked by someone right..? and you are getting paid..
and you got a rehearsal..??

take a helmet and some headphones and you'll be off the stage in minutes...

On a serious note, you didn't just take any old gig, did you ? you have heard of these guys before? you don't play with any old randoms that call you, do you..?

I think you will have to do it and as you say, learn that lesson.

[quote name='Mr.T' post='657863' date='Nov 18 2009, 09:51 AM']Anyone fancy a quick game of 'Let's stereotype the Biker'?[/quote]
Sorry if offended, my answer was meant to be tongue-in-cheek

PS, I used to ride Harleys (coupel of Sportsters followed by a Fat Boy) for several years but never wore leather trousers or a bandana :)

[quote name='Mr.T' post='657863' date='Nov 18 2009, 09:51 AM']Hmmmm...

Anyone fancy a quick game of 'Let's stereotype the Biker'?[/quote]

I'm probably more qualified than most for that! Bikes have paid my wages for many years.

Maybe the gig'll be full of all the gear no idea hoorays from Barnes with matching white leathers on asking for Simply Red songs.

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='657882' date='Nov 18 2009, 10:24 AM']Maybe the gig'll be full of all the gear no idea hoorays from Barnes with matching white leathers on asking for Simply Red songs.[/quote]
Now you're getting personal! I live in Barnes :)

PS, I hate Simply Red with a passion :rolleyes:

I used to play at a place called MFN at their infamous biker nights. Amongst some of the most fun gigs I have ever done. Never any trouble and the audience were genuinely appreciative of the music.

Just ride the wave, you never know what opportunities will come from it!

[quote name='Mr.T' post='657960' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:45 AM'].... But no mention of 'The white leathers'.... :)[/quote]
I gave up biking in London after the second theft of a Harley (Sportster was chained to the pavement, and my pride-and-joy custom-painted Fat Boy was lifted on to a pickup truck)

I still wear a white leather thong though