Why become a member? ×

tonights observations..

witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='644810' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:47 PM']Norah Jones, guitar and bass player must not have spent more than £100 on kit (including strings) :)
stornaway wtf??? I was in better bands when I was 11,and I MEAN It! :rolleyes:
but on a more positive note,
Jay zee, foo fighters and bless him, Sting, Shi#t hot eh? really good stuff!! :lol: edit again due to spelling god Im rubbish!![/quote]

Just watched it last night and totally agree with all of that.
I was very surprised at how much i enjoyed Jay Zee's music, although not the man himself talking over all the good bits ;-)
Norah was very captivating, especially in HD.

[quote name='Linus27' post='645862' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:53 PM']Just watched it.

Foo Fighters did sound like Tom Petty. I see Nate is still playing a Lakland through Ashdown ABM gear. Times Like These sounded good.

Jay-z New York song was pretty good. The female singer had an awsome voice but not so keen on the rapping but I guess thats what he does. The song had so much space, the bass player could of had a field day and done some amazing stuff. The Guitarist was certainly was having some fun, just wish he was a bit louder.

Nora Jones had nice hair. Quite 90's britpop.

Stornoway reminded me of something Simon and Garfunkle would do. Not quite my cup of tea and the guys voice started to annoy me.

Sting, also known as Captain Birdseye, did not do much for me. I am a big fan of Sting but this was just a little bland for me.[/quote]

I think that sums it up perfectly.

I wish the Foos had played less obvious songs, Sting hawked his xmas CD (interesting ethnic vocal) and that J-zed chappy really can't sing! I enjoyed that Mung-bean lad. was puzzled how he kept the guitar so steady - I couldn't see a stand but it look too solid to just be resting on his legs.

Norah jones had a good tune but I think her signature vocal style didn't work over it that well. She has these coy little bluesy/ jazzy inflections that are fine with bluesy/ jazz music but didn't translate that well.

I too agree we should fire up a new thread every week giving our two cents worth of the Later..... line up.

It passes the time if nothing else :)

[quote name='witterth' post='644810' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:47 PM']Norah Jones, guitar and bass player must not have spent more than £100 on kit (including strings) :)
stornaway wtf??? I was in better bands when I was 11,and I MEAN It! :rolleyes:
but on a more positive note,
Jay zee, foo fighters and bless him, Sting, Shi#t hot eh? really good stuff!! :lol: edit again due to spelling god Im rubbish!![/quote]

I think you would be lucky to pick up one those guitar and basses for a £100. even if they were copies.
It was a Harmony Stratatone. £595?
[url="http://www.wunjoguitars.com/index.php?sid=1&mid=28"]http://www.wunjoguitars.com/index.php?sid=1&mid=28[/url]

Edited by beerdragon

[quote name='krispn' post='648181' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:20 PM']I too agree we should fire up a new thread every week giving our two cents worth of the Later..... line up.

It passes the time if nothing else :)[/quote]

I'm not 100% but I think there are only 2 more left in the series.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='648204' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:54 PM']I think you would be lucky to pick up one those guitar and basses for a £100. even if they were copies.
It was a Harmony Stratatone. £595?
[url="http://www.wunjoguitars.com/index.php?sid=1&mid=28"]http://www.wunjoguitars.com/index.php?sid=1&mid=28[/url][/quote]
Where's the decimal point in that £595? :rolleyes:
Both guitar and bass looked like some "crack converter" stuff that would have gone dusty/faded in the shop window to me!
(and, incedentally, still does, on second view)
I'm too 1985 in my tastes!! Iv'e know nowt since 1997!! :lol:
I stand corrected Mr Dragon!
Atb..
btw I KNOW its not competition, Mr mateybass..just a matter of very a (ill informed) 80s opinion. hope you get my point! I certainly agree with your'e coming from!! :)

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='648457' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:07 AM']Where's the decimal point in that £595? :rolleyes:
Both guitar and bass looked like some "crack converter" stuff that would have gone dusty/faded in the shop window to me![/quote]
Well, y'know, if it doesn't say "Fender" on it it MUST be a piece of worthless sh!t, eh? :)

J.

[quote name='witterth' post='648457' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:07 AM']Where's the decimal point in that £595? :rolleyes:
Both guitar and bass looked like some "crack converter" stuff that would have gone dusty/faded in the shop window to me!
(and, incedentally, still does, on second view)
I'm too 1985 in my tastes!! Iv'e know nowt since 1997!! :lol:
I stand corrected Mr Dragon!
Atb..
btw I KNOW its not competition, Mr mateybass..just a matter of very a (ill informed) 80s opinion. hope you get my point! I certainly agree with your'e coming from!! :)[/quote]

who cares? the man has his old basses and is playing on later, there must be a fair few folk on here with multiple thousand pound instruments that don't ever get played outside of the house...

[quote name='Bassassin' post='648474' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:46 AM']Probably not.

But I'm not exactly having the best evening of my life... :rolleyes:

J.[/quote]
OOpps.. er.. sorry, J,I took things out of context eh..?..hope things are better in the morning or later on e.c.t.
Atb
W :)

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='648493' date='Nov 8 2009, 01:27 AM']OOpps.. er.. sorry, J,I took things out of context eh..?..hope things are better in the morning or later on e.c.t.
Atb
W :)[/quote]
My fault, sorry I was a bit short. Band problems, you know what it's like. Grrr. :rolleyes: :lol:

J.