Why become a member? ×

I haven't stopped laughing!

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='69608' date='Oct 4 2007, 06:08 PM']Gentlemen, I am going to do this for the team. I am going to see the bass in person. I am taking with me

1. A Fender serial number ID chart (of no use whatsoever in this case I imagine)
2. £4.50 cash in case I decide to buy it
3. Several bodyguards in case the sellet likes the look of me

I'll report back. If I get back....
Chris[/quote]

Beedster - you are a true superstar!
:)

[quote name='Beedster' post='69608' date='Oct 4 2007, 06:08 PM']Gentlemen, I am going to do this for the team. I am going to see the bass in person. I am taking with me

1. A Fender serial number ID chart (of no use whatsoever in this case I imagine)
2. £4.50 cash in case I decide to buy it
3. Several bodyguards in case the seller likes the look of me

I'll report back. If I get back....
Chris[/quote]
Might be worth taking a set of strings, although it'll probably play & sound better without.

The neck is from a 70's japanese copy like my old yamato - judging by how close the tuners are to the edge - the 70s tuners have been replaced by more modern cheapies, in the "wonky" style. The pattern in the torty pg looks like the blood & vomit pattern of cheap 70s japanese copies . The body might be solid wood, but most likely plywood.

Good luck Beedster, try to keep a straight face...

[quote name='finnbass' post='69533' date='Oct 4 2007, 03:15 PM']I didn't get past the first sentence:

This is a Fender Precision Bass guitar from the 1950's - 1970's Period.

Classic :huh:[/quote]

yeah, I was worried he was going to be a bit vague about the date. :huh:

now eagerly awaiting the next post from Beedster! :)

[quote name='BOD2' post='69750' date='Oct 4 2007, 10:51 PM']Is that rhyming slang aimed at the seller ?[/quote]

LOL...not at all :huh:

I can just hear the 'expert' trying to describe the object...

"Well this is clearly.... errm... a guitar, probably a bass guitar. You can tell that by the number of knobs at the end of the stick...."

etc....

:)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='69765' date='Oct 4 2007, 11:14 PM']Hey Beedster, take a look at the guys hands! Do you really want to go and play mind games with someone who's knuckles clearly spend as much time in contact with the floor[/quote]

but if you look at the guy's belly, I'm sure chris will be able to outrun him if it turns ugly

[quote name='steve' post='69960' date='Oct 5 2007, 12:41 PM']but if you look at the guy's belly, I'm sure chris will be able to outrun him if it turns ugly[/quote]

Phhfftt... Call that a belly?

I honestly think you should wear a wire or go in with a hidden camera. It could make for priceless viewing.

You should end the whole conversation with something like:

"I have just one more question: do you actually know anything at all?"

[quote name='The Burpster' post='69963' date='Oct 5 2007, 12:50 PM']Chris.......

Chris........

Answer me Chris.........!

My god, someone call teh 'Bill' hes been chopped up and put in bin bags by the 6 fingered unmusical muppet that he went to see........

:)[/quote]

I'm still here mate! I'm awaiting a reply to my offer......

[quote name='Beedster' post='70902' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:47 AM']It is with huge relief that I can report that, as the seller did not respond to my email, I didn't have to risk life and limb at the weekend.
Chris[/quote]

Awwww and I had such a nice Obituary written ready ....

Sadly the listing has gone so I was unable to enjoy the full experience .. Sounded like a really class auction though :)

Edited by OldGit