Why become a member? ×

I haven't stopped laughing!

Beedster

[quote name='mancunianfox' post='69492' date='Oct 4 2007, 01:17 PM']I liked [i]'There are numerous signatures on this guitar which are yet to be verified. so we do not know much on those as yet.'[/i]

Plus who the hell was Sid [b]Viscous[/b]????[/quote]

Didn't he do a record with that legendary producer Tony Viscosity ?

I'm pretty sure he came to a sticky end.

I'm not much of a Fender expert, or fan, but even I know that block markers and that headstock shape definitively rule out the 50s and 60s.. but 70s? If the guy had done the slightest bit of homework, he'd know that you don't try to date a Fender without examining the information under the joint. Fender will sell you a replacement decal, so the refinishing is not a deal-breaker - assuming it is a Fender in the first place, which I have my doubts about. :)

PS: when did post-CBS Fenders from the 70s become collectors items? I must have missed that meeting, because I'm old enough to remember when they were considered worthless. I know who to blame: Geddy Lee and Marcus Miller. :huh:

oh, man... i'm weak. so many classic quotes there you'd be mistaken for thinking that this was actually a [i]joke[/i]

"it has not been looked after but played very frequently without regard for its condition. But when needed to be regarded, no expense has been taken into concept."

..... i'm stumped

[quote name='bnt' post='69548' date='Oct 4 2007, 04:11 PM']assuming it is a Fender in the first place, which I have my doubts about. :)

PS: when did post-CBS Fenders from the 70s become collectors items? I must have missed that meeting, because I'm old enough to remember when they were considered worthless. I know who to blame: Geddy Lee and Marcus Miller. :huh:[/quote]

Clearly not Fender for so many reasons.

70's Fenders have been collectable ever since 60's ones became too expensive for most players - quite a while now.

Still, that guy's made my day. :huh: I just hope someone let's him down gently.

Gentlemen, I am going to do this for the team. I am going to see the bass in person. I am taking with me

1. A Fender serial number ID chart (of no use whatsoever in this case I imagine)
2. £4.50 cash in case I decide to buy it
3. Several bodyguards in case the seller likes the look of me

I'll report back. If I get back....
Chris

Edited by Beedster