Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky HQ Visit NYC

phsycoandy

Just got back from a trip with the Mrs to NYC for our 25th and wangled an hour at Sadowsky HQ just over the Brooklyn Bridge.

The cabbie got lost but finally we drew up outside a very unassuming small block, and had to ask a postie where was Sadowsky as there was no signage at all!

All eventually led to a very minimalistic unit on the 5th floor, with an A4 printed sign! Never mind, once entered guys were busying themselves with various parts of assembly, and I was shown to the showroom for some eye candy. Not a Metro in sight just NYC basses for me to fondle, and I was basically left to play whatever thru a whole series of high end rigs. The wife duly shot some pics of my favourite Will Lee model, freshly off the line. Enjoy some snaps....

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Rayman' post='640126' date='Oct 29 2009, 03:22 PM']I've got the hots for that sunburst '51 RI on the wall.....stunning.[/quote]
Stunning bass and I gave a good workout, but the same price as the new Will Lee at $3775 a bit too much for a one trick pony. IMHO

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='640127' date='Oct 29 2009, 03:23 PM']Understanding wives. Brilliant. :)[/quote]

Yeah not many Mrs' would give up part of their 25th anniversary trip to go to a bass manufacturer. My Mrs would let me go, but I'm not sure she'd want to come along too.

The Will Lee is whats giving me GAS atm, but although I have the dosh after my recent sales, spending that much with the Mrs present didn't seem a wise move! im sure you understand...

One of me next to Mcartneys Hoffner bass in Hard Rock Cafe Times Square

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to add to this thread as I just got back from New York this weekend and managed to get to the Sadowsky workshop for an hour last week whilst I was over there.

All that you may have read about the place before I am happy to confirm is true. I got a warm welcome from Alex and there was plenty of new NYC basses to try out at my leisure in the showroom.

Roger Sadowsky was such a good guy and so happy to see us even though we weren't there with $3k to spend. (I did come away with some strings but that was it!)

I am a Sadowsky fan so I have to admit to being a little biased, but my impressions of the Sadowsky setup have only been confirmed. The people there genuinely care about their craft and have an obvious pride in the company.

It is nice when your expectations are exceeded.