Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

cd_david

[quote name='alexharvay' post='632430' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:58 PM']That Precisions’ a bit nice.[/quote]
'Twas mine for many years. Lovely bass, great active circuit and one of the best open 'E's I've ever heard.

It's a *very* early one, too. Most of them have a walnutburst effect. I've only seen one other like it...

The Precision really is lovely - not many of these around and the active circuit, although an early one, is excellent (I had one cloned around '83 and put into my Ripper). I had a Precision Special a couple of years ago - excellent condition LPB - but knackered the circuit as I clumsily tried to replace a non-original knob. There's something about the Specials - a serious upgrade with respect to the standard Ps of the time - indeed, I've never played a bad one (not to say they don't exist). I'm tempted...

Is this Special entirely stock, and what's the condition like?

[quote name='v8bass' post='633590' date='Oct 22 2009, 05:18 PM']Im suffering with Vigier GAS !

:)

Gary
v8[/quote]

That Vigier is a very special bass as many people can testify (used to be mine of course!)

Dave is one of the UK's top collectors - he has some absolute gems in his stable - and he's a brilliant bloke and very nice player! I hate him with a *passion!!!!!! Hehehehe! He's like a brother to me and he knows that I mean that!

Nick (quarta Geordie!)

* Vigier Passion - geddit?!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='632439' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:08 PM']'Twas mine for many years. Lovely bass, great active circuit and one of the best open 'E's I've ever heard.

It's a *very* early one, too. Most of them have a walnutburst effect. I've only seen one other like it...[/quote]

Has your missus forgiven you yet? 'Cos I still haven't! How could you sell it, man? :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='636580' date='Oct 25 2009, 11:58 PM']Has your missus forgiven you yet? 'Cos I still haven't! How could you sell it, man? :)[/quote]
Ah, that was my Walnut Elite II!

I sold the Special when I got the Elite. The Elite was great, but the Special was better.

Hello there its the Overwater I would be interested in. How old is it? Did someone mention you have a Black Overwater? Where could I see this Bass ( the 6). Are you in the North east of Scotland?
Regards

Oldman

[quote name='Oldman' post='636674' date='Oct 26 2009, 08:02 AM']Hello there its the Overwater I would be interested in. How old is it? Did someone mention you have a Black Overwater? Where could I see this Bass ( the 6). Are you in the North east of Scotland?
Regards

Oldman[/quote]

Just in case Dave's at work and can't respond as soon as he'd like I'll try and help by saying the bass is in the NE of England not far from Newcastle... can't assist with the age etc! :)

Hi,

Whats the condition of the lovely Walnut P close up ? . . . . the photos show it up nicely, but, has if got any body /neck dents of dinks (other than belt rash which is fine) or other damage that is there but not visible on the photo's ? . . . . . . (It sort of looks mint to me on the photo's - but the photos are not really hi-res I guess ?)

I've got a telecaster in Black Walnut from the same era (mine is 83 I think ?) . . and they would sure look nice together ! . .

My tele is top quality, really well put together, but weighs a ton - is this P particularly heavy ?

Finally, could you confirm what letters the serial number starts with ?

Cheers and good luck with the sales.

:rolleyes: :) :lol:

Edited by Nostromo

All PM's responded to. Sorry for lateness of replies but have been away for a few days and had limited access to internet.

This is a complex deal, I need to sell ALL 3 basses to make another deal to happen and im not keen on letting them go by themselves cos i cant afford to make a short fall in cash and im not disciplined enough to save the money :) . I currently have buyers lined up for both the Vigier and Overwater so if i can move the Walnut i can move on my deal and let them all go.

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...