Why become a member? ×

Show Us Your Rig

acidbass

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='18848' date='Jun 16 2007, 04:32 PM']Here is my rig. Modular, with a Littlemark 2, driving a Traveler 102p and a Standard 102HF.

For rehearsals/small gigs, the traveler is the one, and I use both when things get serious. I stand the traveler on its side to get it up close to my ears.

[attachment=718:0706160009.JPG]
[attachment=719:0706160010.JPG]

And it all sounds rather lovely, whilst being super light.

I will gladly answer any questions for those who want ot know more about this gear.

Chris[/quote]

crikey - that traveler is tiny
what's it like its own? I could do with some super small kit like that

John - it is actually quite deep, but yes, it is very portable indeed. It is really pretty fine on its own, and only loses a litte llow end "feel" if you know what I mean. But at the end of theday, it is reall good, fine forrehearsals and PA supported large gigs.

I cannot say enough good things about thelarger cab tho - stilla one hand carry, and a brilliant all-round cab.
Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Tinman' post='2020' date='May 19 2007, 08:26 AM']Here's mine again. Trace 1210 combo and 1518 cab.

[/quote]

I think i've met you Tinman.....
Did you play at Nicks Cavern in Horncastle with a rock covers group at somepoint either this or last year? I remember talking to a dude with two BTB's and drooling over them. If it is you, then i was the tall guy with the slurred speech and the South African friend/holder-upper.

Apologies for the picture quality.

My rig:

ETA Power Distributor
Drawmer DL 241 Stereo Compressor
Aguilar DB680 Valve Preamp

Eden WT1000 Stereo Power Amp

Hartke 2.5XL
Hartke 115 XL

In the rack case next to the rig is:
Warwick Quadruplet Valve Preamp
QSC RMX 850 Stereo Power Amp

Edited by The Funk

Thanks man. The Aguilar's lovely but I didn't realise until I got the Eden power amp just how good it is. I honestly didn't expect changing the power amp would make that much difference.

Hopefully when we don't have a gig clash, you'll be able to come check it out live for yourself - then we can talk tech!

[quote name='BassJase' post='20534' date='Jun 20 2007, 12:22 AM']I think i've met you Tinman.....
Did you play at Nicks Cavern in Horncastle with a rock covers group at somepoint either this or last year? I remember talking to a dude with two BTB's and drooling over them. If it is you, then i was the tall guy with the slurred speech and the South African friend/holder-upper.[/quote]

Indeed it was me, my friend. How are you doing?

That wasn't the best night for us but we're improving rapidly!

Good to see someone else from the fens, we'll have to meet up again sometime

Pete

[quote name='bassboy115' post='27045' date='Jul 4 2007, 04:21 PM']Is that sandberg being held on the wall by string??[/quote]

:) Er yeh! That bit of string has done me proud service over the years being used to support such classics a '89 Stingray, '86 Stingray, 75 Fender P and the Sandberg. The acid test was a Aria SB1000 which weighed a ton! Could do with a decent hanger really. Ill get 'round to it one day :huh:

[quote name='bigthumb' post='27071' date='Jul 4 2007, 05:27 PM']:) Er yeh! That bit of string has done me proud service over the years being used to support such classics a '89 Stingray, '86 Stingray, 75 Fender P and the Sandberg. The acid test was a Aria SB1000 which weighed a ton! Could do with a decent hanger really. Ill get 'round to it one day :huh:[/quote]

So what you're basically saying is you've had several very pricy basses over the years yet you couldh't afford a £10 wall hanger?

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='27120' date='Jul 4 2007, 07:36 PM']so what your basically saying is you've had several very pricy basses over the years yet you couldh't afford a £10 wall hanger?[/quote]

Bloody ridicules really! Its not the affording its the getting 'round to getting one (or two) thing i guess. Ill do it tomorrow! :)

[quote name='Rocket' post='27097' date='Jul 4 2007, 06:54 PM']Another Ashdown Perfect Ten mini rig, along with my Warwick Corvette Proline.

Stu[/quote]

Enough yak about the piece of string, more importantly that is one nice 'vette :)