Why become a member? ×

Show Us Your Rig

acidbass

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='4315' date='May 22 2007, 12:34 PM']I bet they now fear for every note you play in anger, just in case they crap out thier intestines from the sheer wall of tube driven Bass that hits them in the face when you play.

I bet the crowd get blasted onto the back wall with a rig like that!

Nice setup though. I bet your guitarist hates you :)[/quote]

Actually tony and nick use 8 4x12s and three jc120 combos between them so they can fire back!!!!
I f you,d like check out our site and see what uncontrolled chronic GAS can do if left unchecked!!!
www.limeshark.com

[quote name='wizbat' post='10727' date='Jun 1 2007, 07:26 PM']Actually tony and nick use 8 4x12s and three jc120 combos between them so they can fire back!!!!
I f you,d like check out our site and see what uncontrolled chronic GAS can do if left unchecked!!!
www.limeshark.com[/quote]

which is all very well, and no disrespect to you, but why on earth do you need to use all that gear?

Surely the onstage volume is for too much for the PA to have a clear and meaningful sound, so it seem like carrying loads of gear for basically no reason.

Just askin', no offence meant at all

Hi!
No offence taken:-)
Actually we only take as much gear as we need and for most of the time the guitarists use 1 4x12 and a jc120 combo each and i use 1 8x10 as most of the gigs we have done have been smallish clubs like the Intake at mansfield etc.
we simply use more depending on the size of the venue and wether we are headling or support.
We simply like to put on a good show whenever we play which is why we also have a big lightshow and about 14k of pa to put on our own shows later this yearto promote the new album we are releasing hopefully around august.
Paul

[quote name='wizbat' post='10808' date='Jun 1 2007, 09:58 PM']We simply like to put on a good show whenever we play which is why we also have a big lightshow and about 14k of pa[/quote]

I know what you're saying. A big part of 'a show' is about visuals and not just music. I bet all those cabinets look really impressive!

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='5819' date='May 24 2007, 03:30 PM']This looks like my cup of tea!

Mine currently (below). ABM EVO II 300 and ABM Mini 15. Perfectly adequate and more importantly, easy to store and transport. Wouldn't mind adding a [b]light[/b] 210 or a mini 48. I leave the telly at home generally and the cheap bit of telly bench has been skipped and replaced with a nice chest of drawers. They'd be good for raising the cab to head height but the mrs won't let me leave the house with them

[/quote]

Ooh, as a kid, I had poster on my wall of Madness on Top Of The Pops from the early days and Mark Bedford had a black and maple Precision. I've wanted one ever since but never got around to getting one!!! GAS!!!!

[attachment=411:Aguilar_head.JPG]
[attachment=412:Rig_may07_1.JPG]

This is the latest version of my rig. The Bergantino cabinets have been great over a few years now and I'm enjoying the simplicity of the Aguilar head.

Neil. :)

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='10532' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:51 PM']Tom - Everytime I see your Shuker I get butterflies in my stomach![/quote]

I know, so do I! :)

Rob,
i bet that thunderfunk and aggie combo have some serious punch in 'em!

So i found a pic on my phone that i took at a wedding the other week and thought i'd post it!

I'll post a decent 'Full Rig' pic soon.

Pictured:
Ashdown EVO II 500
Ashdown Mini 48
Boss TU-2
Aphex Punch Factory
Fender USA Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$

[attachment=423:19052007239.jpg]

Not pictured (not used at that gig):
Ashdown Mini 15
Shuker EUB
'ThinkRay' Drop C bass
Boss ME-50B

Si

[quote name='wizbat' post='10727' date='Jun 1 2007, 07:26 PM']Actually tony and nick use 8 4x12s and three jc120 combos between them so they can fire back!!!!
www.limeshark.com[/quote]

i like fred the sequencer :) !

My very old (bout 10-20 yrs) practice rig is a KMD GS130 bass amp and a unbranded cabinet pictured with the un-modded of my two Peavey Milestone IIIs. It was a great bass to learn on, and is still great to play with. And the cabinet packed a punch for a freebie from dad's workmate! :)

My main rig that i bought about 2 or 3 weeks ago, is a gorgeous (if i do say so myself) Warwick ProFet 3.2 (MOSFET), with my (also brand new) Warwick 410 Pro cab (4x10). (pictured with the modded (de-fretted) Peavey.) Oh, and my Boss ME-50-B effect pedal.

I would show you a picture of me 'Vette but i haven't yet got a good picture...

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='12773' date='Jun 5 2007, 11:50 PM']Rack + SVT810E + Spector REX 2000/5

Spector NSJH5CM

And the current rack contents:

Samsons Powerbrite PB11
Korg DTR1
Ampeg SVP-Pro
dbx166xl
QSC PLX1202[/quote]

Nice rig choice! Spector, Ampeg, QSC..... I don't need to hear it to KNOW it sounds awesome :)

[quote name='nash' post='13029' date='Jun 6 2007, 01:53 PM']is the plx much lighter than the rmx?[/quote]

On paper definitely but when I went RMX to PLX I added a rack tuner and US-UK converter and that added weight back in. However, the full rack you see here is lighter than the older one with the RMX in and a blank space.