Why become a member? ×

If you had to use a single cab ...

lanark

Euphonic Audio CXL112. Used to be very expensive..not the lightest..sounds a bit middy on its own..but in context it really does a great job, and is a perfect "small cab" size. I'd love to try the newer and lighter M-line 1x12, but I'm just too poor these days.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='618750' date='Oct 6 2009, 03:41 PM']The BFB Big One might do it for me, mind..[/quote]
+1
I adored the sound of my old SWR Triad, just wished it was lighter and a bit more ballsy. So the Big One would be the obvious choice.

Easy one for me, my Schroeder 21012 every time.

Light enough that I can lift it on my own when I need to, ballasy enough to keep up with two combo equipped guitarists and a loud drummer. Only wish it was 4ohm and not 8.

But for those big rock gigs, going up against 4x12's and a seriously loud drummer, then my two Golly's really come into their own.

The more I use it, the more I love this cabinet! It's a beast!

I've panged and messed around with all sorts of cabinets for years - but I think this one is finally fullfilling what makes a great bass cabinet. Well designed - practically bomb proof and fills the room with oodles of rich bass.
I also love the fact that it is active. I have the 1KW version - and having just one smallish, powerful box and my rack with effects in is certainly a god send. The whole lot goes in the boot of my motor!