Why become a member? ×

What band would you play bass in?

GreeneKing

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='608615' date='Sep 25 2009, 01:30 PM']1.Girls aloud

2.Whitesnake

3.Slade

4.Frankie Miller's Full house band

5.The Who

and as a one off "Beyonce"

obviously non of the above would ever happen..altho,ive came close to 2 of them! :-)[/quote]

I'm guessing you may have been on the list for Pino's gig?

That "one off job" is a whole different list :)

[quote name='William James Easton' post='608299' date='Sep 25 2009, 07:55 AM']decent debut/YOT covering period or sh!te techno girl pants/funk/jazz + side project era?[/quote]
Both albums. Side projects don't count as they are not Glassjaw. If I had to pick one 'era' though, EYEWTKAS everytime. Though I'm super stoked by their new song.

Robben Ford & The Blue Line
Steely Dan
John Mayer Trio (just to work with Steve Jordan)
Peter Gabriel Band
Tower Of Power
Average White Band

Hmm methinks I've just listed bands that simply feature my favourite bassists (with one exception)

[quote name='lonestar' post='610236' date='Sep 27 2009, 07:23 PM']Nearly Dan

p.s Anyone know Pete Academy's regular route home, alone, late at night along a deserted street, with no witnesses around perhaps? :lol:[/quote]

:)

He's playing our local (if they fix teh noise problem0 in a few weeks .. Want me to take him out* :rolleyes:

* for pizza, obviously ...

ALO - Time Expander era. (they went all commercial after that. still good, but not the same...)

The first three tracks on that album never fail to knock me out for the killer grooves... and to work with that drummer... wow.

Probably my favourite not overly famous band.

[quote name='Moonstomper' post='608349' date='Sep 25 2009, 09:09 AM']Mmmmm 4 Skins maybe but I wouldn't want to argue with Hoxton Tom, even now![/quote]

I was talking to him the other night as it goes. A real gent and a real good laugh too. He's got some really interesting stories from way back when.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='610717' date='Sep 28 2009, 12:06 PM']Captain Beefheart with Ry Cooder on Guitar.[/quote]
Great music, but the job's only for those who are happy to rehearse locked away in a shack for weeks on end and subjected to various insane restrictions/conditions - if I remember right... :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='610740' date='Sep 28 2009, 12:25 PM']Very Old Band - Supertramp, The Doors

Modern Band - Simple Minds, U2

New Band - Company of Thieves, Foo Fighters, Natalie Imbruglia, Paramore[/quote]
Supertramp - Very Old? :)
(now where's me bus pass... I know I left round here somewhere...) :rolleyes:

[quote name='OldGit' post='610699' date='Sep 28 2009, 11:47 AM']:)

He's playing our local (if they fix teh noise problem0 in a few weeks .. Want me to take him out* :rolleyes:

* for pizza, obviously ...[/quote]

Just make him an offer he can't refuse. For starters perhaps a dismembered Roscoe headstock in the bed type of thing. badda bang badda bing.

You'll enjoy the gig they're very good.

Deep pan or thin crust?
Mike

Edited by lonestar