Why become a member? ×

Counting the days??

BIG.J

[quote name='Prosebass' post='571952' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:17 PM']+1 on paul h's comments.

11 months is ridiculous and there is only one excuse you could use to justify it ! and lets hope he isn't :)[/quote]

Not if he's blogging he isn't?

[quote name='Beedster' post='571955' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:19 PM']Not if he's blogging he isn't?[/quote]

fair point Chris....missed that bit.

As a fellow (he said in inverted commas) 'luthier' I find it ridiculous that he hasn't honored this work.
Maybe a tactic that could be used is for someone to contact him using a quote for a build as a cover and then bringing up this sorry story with him.....just a thought.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='571965' date='Aug 17 2009, 07:28 PM']fair point Chris....missed that bit.

As a fellow (he said in inverted commas) 'luthier' I find it ridiculous that he hasn't honored this work.
Maybe a tactic that could be used is for someone to contact him using a quote for a build as a cover and then bringing up this sorry story with him.....just a thought.[/quote]

Cheers Paul,

I tried to call him again tonight but once again (Answering machine)

I have a few Email Address's i use with the bands so looks like thats the next plan!

Here are a few of the Emails Sent / Recieved! =

Re: Bass Neck (Progress!)‏
Sent: 04 January 2009 15:27:58
To: justin ryan

Justin,

Hello, sorry for the confusion on my orders page. I recently updated all of the orders
so you should see your name on there correctly now. But no I have not shipped your
neck yet. i'll probably be finished with it around Wednesday. And I think that there is a balance
due before I ship?? I'll look that up and make sure that we are all squared away when the
order is complete.

Thanks,

--
Christopher Woods Guitar
[email protected]
[url="http://www.christopherwoods.com"]http://www.christopherwoods.com[/url]

On Dec 20, 2008, at 1:19 PM, justin ryan wrote:

Hi Chris,

I know you are very busy and i have been watching out for my neck order from your current order list and the mobile page!

I havn't seen anything other than an order for (Ryan H) which was showing on the old site!

If (Ryan H) was my Headless Neck order then great! I guess it was shipped and will take a while to arrive in the UK.

The neck blank was on CNC around 10th November!

I would apriciate it if you could confirm weather or not (Ryan H) was infact my order as my name does not apear to be in the current order lists?

Many Thanks & Merry Christmas

Justin Ryan (England)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:38:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Bass Neck (Progress!)
To: Justin ryan

Justin,

Hello, well I have gotten a blank glued up for this and just been ironing out
The CNC programs. I want to make sure that it is all perfect so that I only
Have to cut this once. But I’ll try to get it finished up this week.

Thanks,
--
Christopher Woods
[url="http://www.christopherwoods.com"]http://www.christopherwoods.com[/url] - Custom Guitars
--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:05:38 +0000
To: Christopher Woods <[email protected]>
Subject: Bass Neck (Progress!)

Hi Chris,

Just thought i would drop you a line and see if there was any progress on the neck.

Had to sell my bass to fund my custom build project!

Anyway, Catch up soon.

Justin (England)

Edited by BIG.J

I think your next port of call is to dis his work on all bass forums. Talkbass, Uglybass & any others you can find to let all bassists know of how rubbish his service is.
I'd also frequently post on his website to ask "I've been waiting for a year now, can I have my money back" so that any visitors to his site can see he provides a poor service.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='572581' date='Aug 18 2009, 07:25 AM']I think your next port of call is to dis his work on all bass forums. Talkbass, Uglybass & any others you can find to let all bassists know of how rubbish his service is.
I'd also frequently post on his website to ask "I've been waiting for a year now, can I have my money back" so that any visitors to his site can see he provides a poor service.[/quote]

I'm not saying you shouldn't think of going down this route BUT be careful how you approach it. Once you have started dissing this guy on public forums he may well think 'f*ck it!' and then you have NO chance!

Honest, non-judgmental postings are fine and asking for views/opinions may be fine, all I'm saying is [u][b]don't[/b][/u] back him into a corner and leave him with no options. It's far easier and better if you come across as a caring individual who is concerned about his health/business and not as a wronged customer, hell bent on revenge... unless of course he is a scumbag, who has fleeced you of your money in which case start ranting. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='572585' date='Aug 18 2009, 07:42 AM']I'm not saying you shouldn't think of going down this route BUT be careful how you approach it. Once you have started dissing this guy on public forums he may well think 'f*ck it!' and then you have NO chance!

Honest, non-judgmental postings are fine and asking for views/opinions may be fine, all I'm saying is [u][b]don't[/b][/u] back him into a corner and leave him with no options. It's far easier and better if you come across as a caring individual who is concerned about his health/business and not as a wronged customer, hell bent on revenge... unless of course he is a scumbag, who has fleeced you of your money in which case start ranting. :)[/quote]

I think that's wise advice from John. You take a giant step down the food chain when you venture into that domain. I once made a justified negative comment about a US guy here (well, actually on Bassworld but you know what I mean), and even here was given a lot of grief by a few folks.

Chris

I had to go that route once, over a much more minor item. In fact it was just a receipt but I needed it to validate the warranty etc. The vendor didn't include it in the original delivery and after being told "it was in the post" several times I started a thread about it.

It turned up three days later.

Sometimes it has to be done. Just don't be too scathing, keep it factual, and if there is a happy ending to the story make sure you publicise that part as well.

Paypal will be of no use, as their Dispute option only runs to 45 days - that said, if you made the payment from a credit card (via Paypal) then you may still have some options.

I just don't understand, despite all the problems, why this guy is acting like this - it's real head-in-the-sand behaviour.

+1 comments above, this is extremely poor business. Mr Woods (made-up name for a luthier?) has just posted this update:

[i]Bulletin

8-18-09

I'll be updating my NEWS section with the next couple days. A lot of new shipments, And a lot of orders moving into shipping status.

Also we are now able to do custom vinyl logos in-house. All of the neck orders with logos are getting that treatment this week and next week and will be shipping soon.

Lots more to cover and I'll try to get the NEWS updated tomorrow night.[/i]

Edited by Weird War

hmmm... A long time to deliver. I'd be very wary of handing over a balance as I don't think he has conducted things at all well..

He may have been ill...or have great mitigation, but he does owe you an explaination, IMV... whether you swallow/believe it is a tough call..

I would be seeking comments from previous customers, satisfied or not.. Maybe you can use forums like this to help you with that and I'd make the question quite cordial in the 1st instance until you know which way you think this is going..

My insticnt is not to throw good money after bad tho...

Thanks for all your comments!

I picked C.Woods to do the job as nobody i had previously contacted both in the UK and US would build me a Headless Neck to the required specs!

Variable LED's, Alembic styled oval inlays Etc Etc! He updates his Blog every so often making a note to make these changes within a specified time but ends up being weeks!!

The neck will house The S2 Status string retainer, This along with the hardware was sent to London to be Gold Plated along with the control knobs / Switches etc! Looks great but they have been sitting in Tissue for months along with everything else!

I sent another Email requesting an update yesterday, Another Basschatter has also very kindely Email'd him for a quote?

Lets see what happens!!!

[quote name='sixshooter' post='573872' date='Aug 19 2009, 10:17 AM']Has anyone sent Mr Woods a link to this post on Basschat? he may choose to do something if he knows that his potential UK client base is rapidly going away.

Remember the power of Basschat and the case of the scammer!

Scammer 0 Basschat 1[/quote]

Never thought of this! :)