Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: £1000. V 2.0

Shockwave

[quote name='mr pablo' post='58495' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:08 PM']How about my maverick B1 its kinda pointy :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5143"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5143[/url][/quote]

I love mavericks, I used to have one, But tbh they arent in my price range (As in the price is a bit too low, Unless your overcharging considerably! I just want something reasonably high end.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='58496' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:10 PM']I love mavericks, I used to have one, But tbh they arent in my price range (As in the price is a bit too low, Unless your overcharging considerably! I just want something reasonably high end.[/quote]

I could charge over the odds :huh: or trade ya? I'm sure you'll find something dude :)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='57473' date='Sep 8 2007, 06:50 PM']No problem, If i were older i would look down at my younger self in disgust no doubt :huh:
Hey i am straight edge lorne! I've never drunk and never taken drugs in my 22 years on this earth :)[/quote]

"I already have a portion of loan going towards an engagement ring"

Getting engaged at 22?
PM me son .. I'll make a few suggestions on how to make that the last one you'll have to buy .....

....."Pointy things, Pink things"

hmmmm.......

I'm selling my immaculate Ibanez SB900 Limited Edition - Pointy [i]and[/i] Pink (..well ish!) - it has kinda 'two-tone' paint that looks different depending on what light its in - (goes from a kinda pinky lilac to bluey purple), active, fantastic fast thin neck, original hard case. Yours for £350 + postage therefore leaving you plenty of change for spending on other goodies!!

peace

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='58623' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:00 AM']....."Pointy things, Pink things"

hmmmm.......

I'm selling my immaculate Ibanez SB900 Limited Edition - Pointy [i]and[/i] Pink (..well ish!) - it has kinda 'two-tone' paint that looks different depending on what light its in - (goes from a kinda pinky lilac to bluey purple), active, fantastic fast thin neck, original hard case. Yours for £350 + postage therefore leaving you plenty of change for spending on other goodies!!

peace

c[/quote]

I love the look of that bass Clive. the curves on the top make it look like it is melting! Sooooooo nice!

[quote name='3V17C' post='58623' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:00 AM']....."Pointy things, Pink things"

hmmmm.......

peace

c[/quote]

That has Shockwave's style written all over it, as far as I can see.

[quote name='Wil' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:19 PM' post='58472']
If you like modern punchy tone, I doubt you could go far wrong with Paul C's Stealth mate!

MB1. :)
And unlike wood, totally impervious to attracting fish odour should you feel like a little practice, while your gutting!.Ah the wonders of that wipe clean carbon graphite!.

hmmmm.......

peace

c[/quote]

OOOF, thats gorgeous. Not sure its what i am looking for, But i could buy a computer as well as that. I'll take it under consideration, I remember when that was up for sale a few months ago and wanted it badly then but didnt have the money.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Paul_C' post='63274' date='Sep 20 2007, 07:22 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5453"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5453[/url]
note all the "wow, that's gorgeous" remarks :huh:

[/quote]

Yup i remember :) I am just seeing what other offers i get, Yours is still in the running!

How would you describe the tone of those pups, Hyperactives right?

[quote name='Shockwave' post='63277' date='Sep 20 2007, 07:23 PM']Yup i remember :) I am just seeing what other offers i get, Yours is still in the running!

How would you describe the tone of those pups, Hyperactives right?[/quote]

I'm always crap when it comes to describing tone, but the bass as a whole, with all the controls centred (so the blend control is giving you both pickups) and the bright switch off, is very clear when playing the top strings, and nice and meaty on the lower strings - this is more obvious with the flatwounds on at the moment, though they are very new, so I expect things to settle down over time - I do have a set of light Rotosound stainless roundwounds that came off it too which I liked very much.

I like the sounds it makes very much, but as I gig my Bongo almost exclusively these days, it doesn't get played enough to justify me keeping it.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='63394' date='Sep 20 2007, 11:40 PM']I'm always crap when it comes to describing tone, but the bass as a whole, with all the controls centred (so the blend control is giving you both pickups) and the bright switch off, is very clear when playing the top strings, and nice and meaty on the lower strings - this is more obvious with the flatwounds on at the moment, though they are very new, so I expect things to settle down over time - I do have a set of light Rotosound stainless roundwounds that came off it too which I liked very much.

I like the sounds it makes very much, but as I gig my Bongo almost exclusively these days, it doesn't get played enough to justify me keeping it.[/quote]

Have you used it on any recordings you could send me?

Would you say you could emulate Mark king or cassipiea's tone on this?

[email protected]

:)

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='63400' date='Sep 20 2007, 11:53 PM']Have you used it on any recordings you could send me?

Would you say you could emulate Mark king or cassipiea's tone on this?

[email protected]

:)[/quote]

I don't have any recordings, no.

I'm sure Mark King could sound like Mark King on it without any trouble (especially if I put the light strings back on) :huh: