Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: £1000. V 2.0

Shockwave

OK, I'm pretty curious about what you didn't get one with. Only niggle I have is the lack of top horn means it hangs in such a way my left arm is way out to get to the low end, but everything else is totally happy. Especially the varitone switch, gonna make one for another bass at some point.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='101559' date='Dec 9 2007, 01:04 AM']OK, I'm pretty curious about what you didn't get one with. Only niggle I have is the lack of top horn means it hangs in such a way my left arm is way out to get to the low end, but everything else is totally happy. Especially the varitone switch, gonna make one for another bass at some point.[/quote]
I had a fix for my ironbird bolt on bass which has a worse center of gravity. Put the strap pin on the lower Outer neck bolt. It makes the balance far better when standing up.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='101559' date='Dec 9 2007, 01:04 AM']OK, I'm pretty curious about what you didn't get one with. Only niggle I have is the lack of top horn means it hangs in such a way my left arm is way out to get to the low end, but everything else is totally happy. Especially the varitone switch, gonna make one for another bass at some point.[/quote]

Bit late spotting this, sorry!

I was stringing it BEAD, at a time when I was solely using 5 strings, and just didn't like the feel. After I sold it, though, I've gone back to using 4 strings with a D tuner, and when the mock was strung in standard tuning it felt great to me. Ho hum, I'll have another one day no doubt!