Why become a member? ×

Prick

Bassassin

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='540467' date='Jul 14 2009, 04:55 PM']It's got a Precision neck and body, and Rickenbacker electronics.

Ergo, Prick.

S.P.[/quote]
Good grief - I just showed my wife that pic and she worked it out! (the loud bang was me falling on the floor) :)

Edited by bythesea

If you like the Ric sound but with the shape and feel of a P, why not? I don't see why that makes him a Prick?! :)

At least it's not reliced as well - In which case the thread title would be well deserved! :rolleyes:

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='540478' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:05 PM']Works for me.... although I don't want to be quoted as liking your prick! Um, so to speak!?[/quote]
Like it as much as you want - it's not my Prick! :)

No idea what it is - it was causing furrowed brows over on (p)Rickresource & I thought it might provoke a guffaw or two over here.

If it was mine, I'd let you all play (with) it, oh yes.... :rolleyes:

J.

Just to clarify for the Hard Of Funny: P + Rick = Prick, a name, not a value judgement on either the instrument or its creator.

I might build one so I can have a Prick of my own. And then stand it upright, like that one. :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='540525' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:39 PM']Like it as much as you want - it's not my Prick! :)

No idea what it is - it was causing furrowed brows over on (p)Rickresource & I thought it might provoke a guffaw or two over here.

If it was mine, I'd let you all play (with) it, oh yes.... :lol:

J.[/quote]

Ah, so it's not yours then Jon.

Does that mean it's ok to call open season on that wallpaper? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musky' post='540561' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:04 PM']Ah, so it's not yours then Jon.

Does that mean it's ok to call open season on that wallpaper? :)[/quote]
If that was my wallpaper I'd deserve everything I got... :rolleyes:

J.

I'm betting that's an Ibanez roadster/blazer single pup body, not the pbass type this type: [url="http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/images/roadsterbass/roadster3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/roadster_bass.htm&usg=__DuPUTSeJyqydH_3YPfAvP7jm0wg=&h=550&w=413&sz=101&hl=en&start=40&um=1&tbnid=Gy8NShdDs5azsM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dibanez%2Broadster%2Bbass%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1"]http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...t%3D36%26um%3D1[/url]

with a little horn reshape and as far as I recall...fender necks fitted perfectly to them.

andy

You know what.....?

I say a big up to the fella that made that....

No its not to everyones taste,

Yes it may look odd to some,

But I think the chap (or chapess) that went to that much trouble to create it got exactly what they wanted.... I bet they love playing it too....

I just wish they'd put a bit more thought into wher ethey took teh pic.... :rolleyes:

Oh and why P-rick when there could have been SOooooooo many different anagrams of Rickenbacker and Fender Precision bass....

Come on folks, open season (but try to keep it fairly clean... :lol: )

I'll start......

Rickender,

Ricks ion ass

Frickinbacker

Ferskinbender.....

:)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='540684' date='Jul 14 2009, 08:46 PM']Do we know where this bass resides? I've got a strange feeling I may have had something to do with it's creation many moons ago.[/quote]

Spooky! :)

do tell more....

[quote name='The Burpster' post='540679' date='Jul 14 2009, 08:42 PM']Oh and why P-rick when there could have been SOooooooo many different anagrams of Rickenbacker and Fender Precision bass....

Come on folks, open season (but try to keep it fairly clean... :rolleyes: )

I'll start......

Rickender,

Ricks ion ass

Frickinbacker

Ferskinbender.....

:)[/quote]
The problem with those is that they're not as funny as "Prick"... Cheap innuendo's always funny, especially when it's all in the filthy mind of the reader... :brow:

I like the Prick - it's an interesting hybrid & I'm intrigued by what it would sound like - one noticeable thing here is that the pup placement isn't the same as either a P or a Rick, so that's going to affect its overall tone regardless of the pickups fitted.

I'm inclined to think the body's been made specifically for this project - a P, or P derived design would have its pup route exactly between the scratchplate & bridge pickup.

The more I look at this, the more I think I want to build one. :ph34r:

As to where it came from, I found it on RickResource, which is 95% populated by our Colonial chums, so I assumed that's where it lives. However...

J.

Edited by Bassassin