Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1455491571' post='2979637']
Luke, what do the pickup switches do? humbucker/series/eq? Lovely old-school Thumb by the way :)
[/quote] So you know active pups have preamps in them... it kinda affects the roll of of the top end... different combinations have different roll offs.

TBH it's not that great!

The two band preamp on it is one of the earliest MEC ones - apparently a straight copy of the EMG ones of the time and it's not amazing by today's standards.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1455625977' post='2980784'] Cheers for the comments on the Dolphin :) Loving that Thumb, Luke! [/quote]

I love, it. The Streamer is all delicate mids, it's all precise and snappy and has a middy growl.... and all the variations that the ACG preamp gives you.
The Thumb is a absolute beast, big bottom, massive lower mid growl and feels like it's going to take your arm off.

They're two good uns, the thumb is just under 9lb and the streamer a fair bit under 8lb so not heavy either.

As this is the place to discuss warwicks
Can anyone explain or understand why my amp is clipping.
I'm using a markbass 250 lm2 with 410 markbass cab. I have 2 warwicks a streamer and a FNA, the FNA clips when slapping or attacking the bass hard. I do not have this issue with my streamer. Somebody had explained it may be the pre amp being to powerful for the amp and to back off the volume on the bass??

Any help with this will be appreciated
Cheers
Guys and girls

Sounds like the output of the FNA is higher. I don't know maybe there's an adjustment pot on the pre amp to turn it down?
Or is it 9v powered? When the battery has been low on my warwick it starts to distort. Time to replace it?

[quote name='bramleyapple' timestamp='1455752920' post='2982228']
Hi guys
Battery was changed yesterday.
I'm going to check it out tomorrow but as of tonight if I turn the volume down its stops clipping. I had never seen the blue clipping light until my FNA turned up. It does seem to output some serious tone.
[/quote]

Are the pickups too high?

I best update this, not sure if the Infinity is on here since it's refin, but I'll do that soon! However, if you've not seen in build diaries I've been busy restoring a Corvette FNA Jazzman 5 which I got as a backup for the Infinity... and I've just finished it! The full details can be seen on the thread, but the short story is it wasn't in the best of states when I picked it up, and has had a complete strip down and refinish in tru oil

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/goblin92/media/Basses/P1011924_zpsqgibqz2z.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/goblin92/Basses/P1011924_zpsqgibqz2z.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/goblin92/media/Basses/P1011930_zpsxdws7f8v.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/goblin92/Basses/P1011930_zpsxdws7f8v.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Very nice job :)

It may just the the photo angle, but how is that bridge set up? It looks like the saddles are high and the bridge is deep in the body, when if anything it should be the opposite, with the saddles as low as possible adjusted for the neck radius. Equally, like I say it could just be the camera angle ;)

My Streamer Jazzman. I know hardly anything about it really.I was told on the Warwick forums this is possibly one of the very first Custom shop basses made. They were apparently around the shows like NAMM etc showing what they could do. I have no paper work of any kind with it i would like to know more so if anyone knows anything about it. Let me know. I've had it years now bought it off some guy on ebay for a stupidly low price (which was unbelievable and i'm still shocked). Im guessing its an ash body. AAA Birdseye neck and the top i'm not sure

Edited by moooper