Why become a member? ×

Incoming. . .

molan

Damn, damn, damn - just when i thought I'd got my spending under control I discovered myself with some cash in my pocket after trading something recently.

I was totally planning not to buy anything new for a while and just settle in with what I have and then I spotted this:

And I just couldn't resist :rolleyes:

2002 Ken Smith BSR5MW in near mint condition, maple body core, walnut top and back, maple neck, morado board.

It'll take a couple of weeks to arrive though :)

Edited by molan

THAT is stunning.the first bass player i got into when i started playing used more or less the exact same model as that one.whats the story behind it?i have heard that the company are awkward to deal with.i have sent two emails in the past and have not had anything back.really love the look of her though.i am sure you will love it.t

Lush. Always had a soft spot for Smiths. Never played a bad one.
Wish my (ex!) Girlfriend hadn't moaned me into not buying a Smith 6 about 12 years ago.
Bought a Streamer LX 6 instead, but I'm still more than likely to acquire a Smith at some point. Might not be a multi, though.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful lump that. Always had a hankering however, may be worth looking at some old posts (Crazy Kiwi I think) apparently Ken Smith is not the most "forgiving" person to deal with if you need any back-up or support. I'm jealous though.

[quote name='sdgrsr400' post='556817' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:17 AM']Gorgeous!

(OT for OP: Spent last Sunday with g/f in Henley-on-Thames - stayed at Hotel du Vin - ate at the Spice Merchant - very nice town!)[/quote]

Probably the best place to stay and the best restaurant too - you have very good taste :)

[quote name='Faithless' post='557523' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:53 AM']Does Ken Smith get a little bit more respect for [b]not [/b]making 4-stringers..? :)

*Fellow ERB fan hides*

Btw, Molan, was it very expensive?[/quote]

No, he gets respect for making brilliant 4,5 and 6 string basses.

[quote name='Josh' post='557541' date='Aug 1 2009, 03:18 AM']No, he gets respect for making brilliant 4,5 and 6 string basses.[/quote]

It must have been some internet shop, that I've got that feeling about 'no K.Smith 4stringers' from, as I haven't spotted a single one.. Anyway, all Smiths I've seen were at least 5ies.