Why become a member? ×

Wills

BottomEndian

Morbid topic alert...

I'm just about to sort out a will (about time, too) and I'm wondering about what would become of all my basses, amps, pedals and all that stuff. It seems a shame to just lump them in with all the other gubbins of my possessions. It's not like I've got loads of basses, or even particularly high-quality ones, but it'd be nice for them to go to someone who might appreciate them or at least use them.

So... who's made special arrangements for their basses and gear? Or is everyone's bass collection destined for next of kin?

Haven't made one yet; but when I do I plan to leave all my bass gear (and related books etc.) to my adopted niece. My best mate is a guitarist and it would amuse me no end to look down (or up) and see his daughter grow up to be a bassist instead.

[quote name='Buzz' post='512253' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:09 PM']Well, if I ever got to that stage in my life where I needed to write a will...[/quote]
It creeps up on you surprisingly quickly. I've just sat down and taken stock of my situation, realising I've got a wife, 1.7 children, two cars, a house, a retail business, 600+ CDs, 5 basses, 2 guitars, more pedals than you can shake a stick at, amps coming out of all orifices... :)

I like the idea of donating them to my school. Or I might like to donate them to my kids' school, when they get old enough to [i]have[/i] a school.

[quote name='lowdown' post='512281' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:43 PM']Good grief, Dont leave it to the wife...
She will sell it all on Basschat,
Then blow it all on shoes!
Or trade for shoes.[/quote]
:)
But not shoes. Furniture. I can see it now in the For Sale forum... "Music Man SUB 4 FT... anyone got a nice English oak 2-over-3 chest of drawers?"

I have them all photographed with a note of the serial numbers etc and current value (in case of fire /burglary) and my daughter knows, if I peg it, to stick them on eBay, or indeed on here, for sale and what to expect to get for them.

I am 47 and on Tuesday last my best mate from school ( although we had lost touch since then) dropped dead from a stroke so it can all come sooner than you think.

BB

Since my uncle dropped dead of a heart attack 2 months ago i think about it a lot i am 34,time seems to move very fast but there is nothing we can do about it i sit and think about it in bed these last couple of months i seem to have become slightly obsessed by sex and death.

I intend to build a pyre from my gear and have my corpse cremated on top.
Or I could leave them to my son.
Or charity.
Or have them buried insted of me in a bizare "defraud the insuarance company"scam.
Or leave them to the cats(talented animals).
Or leave them to my latest business venture,the Pub Rock Cafe.

[quote name='Golchen' post='512453' date='Jun 12 2009, 08:29 PM']You have much to learn grasshopper.

I'm gonna donate mine to science.[/quote]

I wouldnt do that,medical students might take your willy and use it as some sort of prank in the pub.

Edited by YouMa

Hmmmmm interesting one, and one that came up in our house recently.... I think I'd leave mine to my daughter, but then do a Brewsters Millions kinda trick for the rest of my "estate"!!

As for my funeral, I'm not having any of this "Oh, he wouldn't want you to be sad, let's have a party!" No, I want everyone in black (for at least 6 months), and for it all to be dead mournful and stuff, ala a state funeral. I'm also expecting a documentary season on BBC 4 (with follow up hard back novel (£34.99 + p&p) about my wonderful and eventful life with interviews with various C list celebrities who comment on my greatness, we'll call it "Moody - The Wonder Years" or somat.

This would of course, be followed up twelve months later with a Bank Holiday.

Did I mention the 100ft bronze statue I'm also planning??

... I'll get me coffin!

Edited by Moody