Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1965 Sunburst

birdy

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

SALE PENDING - ON HOLD TILL SATURDAY JUNE 6TH.

Thanks for all interest - if the sale does not occur I will change the thread and be in touch as applicable.

Steve
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not playing this much and need to spend some cash on other things so lets see if there is any interest.

Its all original except:

The bridge is off a 62P (thanks OG). The original bridge is included and is functional but is not in great condition making saddle adjustment tricky. The bass still plays well with the original bridge.
It has had a refret.
As far as I am aware thats it. It sounds awesome :-)

Pics here - took on an iphone so not the best.

[url="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/birdsg/65Jazz/"]http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/birdsg/65Jazz/[/url]

I would consider the following as part exchange.

4 or 5 string Sadowsky's Alleva Coppolos, Celinders, GB's

Thanks

Steve

Edited by birdy

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='496764' date='May 24 2009, 07:14 PM']mmmmmmmmm

Have you got a cash price in mind? PM me with it if you'd rather.

Ta.[/quote]

With regards to price I am going to be realistic. Given the way things are at the moment I would take £3500 for the bass and no less. I paid 2K more than that for it so am taking quite a hit selling for that but I would have lost as much if I had left the money in shares.
Would consider part ex as a portion of the value as mentioned before.
One thing with this bass is I bought it from V&R and it was for sale at the Gallery so we can be pretty sure of its provenance and originality.
It was also used in the film Still Crazy and was previously owned by Jimmy Nail who appeared in the film as the bass player.

I think thats a fair yet realistic price. Anyone who wants to buy this would obviously want to come and play it - I am in Birmingham.

Several forum members have played this bass including Flanker, EBS_Freak and Crazykiwi and I think they all rated it. In fact if it wasn't for CK's job situation he would probably own the bass now.

Thanks

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='496799' date='May 24 2009, 08:17 PM']It was also used in the film Still Crazy and was previously owned by Jimmy Nail who appeared in the film as the bass player.[/quote]

Oooohh... it's that one! I remeber seeing it for sale ages ago. How cool.

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='birdy' post='496799' date='May 24 2009, 08:17 PM']It was also used in the film Still Crazy and was previously owned by Jimmy Nail who appeared in the film as the bass player.[/quote]

I actually really liked that film :)

I worked on some promotional stuff for it & remember Bill Nighy being a genuinely nice chap. Here's a clip and you can see Jimmy N playing a J bass:

Bass looks really nice :rolleyes:

Edited by molan

[quote name='birdy' post='496826' date='May 24 2009, 08:54 PM']Thanks for posting that Barry, that is indeed the same bass as this one!!

Its pretty lightweight as well.

Steve[/quote]

I have to say this is pretty tempting Steve,

I may have some money burning a hole in my pocket this week if my annual bonus ever pays out!

Hope the pic works this time!

Edited by molan

[quote name='birdy' post='496799' date='May 24 2009, 08:17 PM']Several forum members have played this bass including Flanker, EBS_Freak and Crazykiwi and I think they all rated it. In fact if it wasn't for CK's job situation he would probably own the bass now.[/quote]
Yes, thats a fair comment and if anyone would like more detail or my thoughts, they're welcome to PM me. Better that than yet more misinterpretations eh?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='497062' date='May 25 2009, 08:27 AM']Yes, thats a fair comment and if anyone would like more detail or my thoughts, they're welcome to PM me. [u]Better that than yet more misinterpretations eh[/u]?[/quote]

You have a PM CK. :)

On hold pending sale until Saturday June 6th.

I am fairly sure that this will be sold but as with anything in life you never know so will update accordingly.

Thanks to all of you who were interested in this bass. I will let you know if the sale falls through.

Steve

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='497830' date='May 26 2009, 10:23 AM']Drat.

Does that mean I can stop looking for coins down the back of the settee and the change trays of fruit machines?[/quote]

Hopefully!

Good news for me too - I've been seriously working out my finances & could definitely afford it :rolleyes:

Big issue for me is that I play almost exclusively 5 strings these days & I'd been trying to rationalise having a £3.5K bass in the house that would never be my 'main' squeeze :)

[quote name='lozbass' post='498069' date='May 26 2009, 02:50 PM']I was in a similar position to Molan above - the news of the pending sale has reduced my anxiety considerably[/quote]

I was already thinking of selling my early seventies sunburst Fender Jazz Bass, adding the extra money to buy this '65 Jazz, etc..
It is a bit of relief that I have been beaten :-)

Don't want to steal a thread but shouldn't the sale go to the first person who comes up with the money?
There's been a couple of deals where I've missed out because I've went to check I could afford it, only to be told by the seller it was on hold until someone sold another bass, got their next pay check or whatever even when I had the cash in my pocket. If it was me, I'd make this one of the BC selling rules.

[quote name='largo' post='498133' date='May 26 2009, 05:06 PM']Don't want to steal a thread but shouldn't the sale go to the first person who comes up with the money?
There's been a couple of deals where I've missed out because I've went to check I could afford it, only to be told by the seller it was on hold until someone sold another bass, got their next pay check or whatever even when I had the cash in my pocket. If it was me, I'd make this one of the BC selling rules.[/quote]
'tis the seller's perogative, IMO.