Why become a member? ×

Circle Studios refurb

Rimskidog

The benefit is purely in being able to target search results more toward your studio, and specific search requests that you want to have the perfect answer for on your website (not just the front page, the target page is usually tuned to the ad anchor text, ie analogue mastering tagline goes straight to a page where you state that you provide this service, and why your service is such great quality and awesome value for money).

If you look at google based web pages they pretty much all have ads on them, and a lot of other pages use google ads too, the result from a search on the search engine is never going to be in those lists, an ad is. So your ad gets on more web pages without being a direct answer to a search request.

The downside of course is it isnt free, whereas chucking up a website tuned to score well on a search bot will always (theoretically) get you near the top of the list of straight results.

The difficulty for you is trying to figure out if the extra coverage will be worth the cost in terms of more business. You would be doing very very very well to achieve a click of less than 1% of the times that your ad turned up on a page, and how many of those clicks will turn into actual business?

Definitely seems to work for a lot of businesses though - its how google make their (massively vast piles of lovely) money after all.....

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1328270863' post='1524680']
Website is looking great, and the gear list makes me want to cry. Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

Yes, some very nice gear. What I would say though is that the well known turkish cymbal company is generally spelt ZILDJIAN. I know it's pretty hard to read from the logo lol.

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1328399915' post='1526598']
Thanks. Hadn't spotted that. The developer obviously is neither a drummer or a speller!
[/quote]

Just looked at the site, noticed the WageR tracks on it. My drummer mate used to be their drummer (Emmerson Todd). One of the first bands I had going had Wayne as singer (Turtle Beach.. and I seem to recall we fired him, unlike the quoute on their website.. lol!!) and Toddy as drummer. Was approached to join them a few years back but was in the middle of my break from playing and wasn't really interested. Have played with Emmerson on and off for 20 years.

Edited by Nibody

Forgot to take pictures today (sorry!) but in short, I spent the last couple of days filling a large skip, mainly with the room divider panels from the new unit. Filled it pretty much level with the top. Then the driver came to pick it up:

"Er, you'll have to take the plasterboard out mate"

Me: "Eh?"

Driver: "We can't have plasterboard in these skips. They aren't plasterboard skips"

Me: " WTF?!? You are having a laugh."

Driver: "No mate. No plasterboard in these skips"

Me: "Why did nobody mention this when I ordered the skip?"

Driver: "It says clearly on our website: 'no plasterboard in skips'"

Me: "I didn't go on your website. I just got your number from yell and called"

Driver: "Well you should have read the website first"

Me: "Grrrrrrr"

Driver: "So do you want me to wait around while you take the plasterboard out?"

Me: "If I take the plasterboard out it'll be empty"

Driver: "Well I can't take it away full of plasterboard"

Me: "Well you taking away an empty skip isn't much use to me anyway. How do I get rid of the plasterboard"

Driver: "You could call and order a plasterboard skip"

Me: "Who from?"

Driver: "We do them. Just call the office"

Me: [IMG]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/Jeffg0107/Smiley/Suicide.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1328646220' post='1530690']
The Wager stuff isnt anything to do with me. The guy who did my website (Alan) just put that stuff online to make sure the music player was working. Thanks for looking though!
[/quote]

I seem to recall one of them was a web designer.. that would explain it. The website and rebuild are coming together well. I would love to get in there! I'm afraid the best studio I was ever able to afford was Rhythm at Bidford on Avon when my old band recorded its two EP's - Paul Johnson I think owns/runs it/engineers. Not quite in the same league as yours though it was a nice studio in a nice location (Think he's just expanded it recently).

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1328689858' post='1531071']
I seem to recall one of them was a web designer.. that would explain it. The website and rebuild are coming together well. I would love to get in there! I'm afraid the best studio I was ever able to afford was Rhythm at Bidford on Avon when my old band recorded its two EP's - Paul Johnson I think owns/runs it/engineers. Not quite in the same league as yours though it was a nice studio in a nice location (Think he's just expanded it recently).
[/quote]

Cool. Swing by some time. I've always got a cold one in the fridge. It's gonna be a bit messy for the next 8 -10 weeks but any time after that it good!

And finally phase two begins in earnest... so here's the first in a series of pictures about this week's activity. First of all, the steel arrived:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_0923.jpg[/IMG]

And then the builders did. Happily they got right down to the job at hand pulling out the old office space and unibonding the concrete to keep the dust down. Once that was done they started marking the rooms onto the concrete floor and laying out:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_0922.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1328733502' post='1531969']
Cool. Swing by some time. I've always got a cold one in the fridge. It's gonna be a bit messy for the next 8 -10 weeks but any time after that it good!
[/quote]

I will definately take you up on that, even if just to stand and drool over the Ampeg's!

[quote name='GremlinAndy' timestamp='1329001752' post='1536021']
I only just found this thread and it's been the best hours worth of catching up I've ever done. the work you're doing there is fantastic buddy. I'm going to be glued to the thread for updates from now on! Good luck!

Andy
[/quote]

Nice one! Here's today's update then: in this photo you can see that wooden benches are being constructed on top of the regufoam to carry the structure of the floated concrete floors:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_0926.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1329126314' post='1537326']
Cool stuff!

(opens second box of popocorn)
[/quote]

Be careful dude, it'll go straight to your hips! ;-)

Today's update then. The regufoam and benches are now in place for studio 3 and 4 and the steelwork is being formed for studio 4:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_0935.jpg[/IMG]

Good news and bad news today.

On the good news first... the steelwork is done for all of the productions rooms:

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Rimskidog/IMG_0952.jpg[/IMG]

The bad news? Somewhere between a communication error and a complete clusterfvck something went badly wrong. When I went down today the floors were as you see them above but there was a large quantity of regufoam left. It soon became evident that the benches have not been implemented properly. In the circumstances, the metalwork all needs to be lifted up again. :( In the circumstances it looks unlikely at this point that we'll be pouring concrete on Monday as per the original plan... Keep watching for the next episode of... soap.