Why become a member? ×

It doesn't always go to plan!

Gigs can often be great fun and sometimes it's the unexpected that adds to it!

We had a great time being the course rock band at the Hackney half marathon again this year: it was a beautiful sunny day with eager runners streaming past, but...

Al Krow (@al_krow) • Instagram photos and videos

If you've got any amusing tales or clips - please do share! 

• Haha 19

Many moons ago , we strike up ‘I predict a riot’ just as it kicks off at the bar. The following scene was straight out of a Benny Hill show chase.

one lad runs past us to the front door and disappears, eagerly followed by 6 blokes followed by their girlfriends.

they then come back to find the troublemaker had come in through the back door , so they chased him back out of it,  but followed him all the way round and back in the front door.

All to said tune , surreal, yet very funny as we were pretty much ignored during the procession 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

I've not run that one yet.

The Paris marathon is a big event. 40k people, but it isn't barrierd off like London. Had a woman ride straight across the road in front of us once. Surprisingly it wasn't carnage and no one complained. Vivre le France. 

Please tell me you covered Willie Nelson's "On the road again" :lol:

On the road again

I just can't wait to get on the road again

But one Al Krow is making music with his friends

And I can't be arsed to swerve around again

• Haha 3

Why do people have absolutely no consideration for others!

Played in small busy venue where people have to walk past the band to get to the toilets and beer garden, got walked into while playing several times (it’s not like I’m small and they wouldn’t see see)

You’re loading in, or out, of a pub, you’ve got your arms full of obviously unwieldy and heavy amplifier or speaker cabinet, and there’s an ugly lump of humanity in your way. And he shows no sign of moving despite looking at you. A polite excuse me, twice, and it moves just enough to let you pass. He’s just trying to impress his mates, or a woman and cause a confrontation. Small minded prick. (decode that any way you like)

I’ve found via experience that walking straight into said lumps with a “excuse me” a Marshall 412 and a “cheers mate” ends up with them moving out of the way for good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I’ve found via experience that walking straight into said lumps with a “excuse me” a Marshall 412 and a “cheers mate” ends up with them moving out of the way for good. 

That reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago... one of our regular venues was a live rock/metal place of a Saturday night, but then instantly became the local nightclub/disco the moment the gig finished. And of course, the only way out was through the front door.

I'm wheeling my Trace stack out, trying to get through the crowd, most people begrudgingly moving slightly, but this one bloke just would not move, despite several very loud alerts to my presence, so I just thought sod it and started wheeling.

I realised something was up when everyone started screaming. Turns out he was on crutches and physically couldn't get out out of the way of the rolling Trace Elliott onslaught. Oops.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

That reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago... one of our regular venues was a live rock/metal place of a Saturday night, but then instantly became the local nightclub/disco the moment the gig finished. And of course, the only way out was through the front door.

I'm wheeling my Trace stack out, trying to get through the crowd, most people begrudgingly moving slightly, but this one bloke just would not move, despite several very loud alerts to my presence, so I just thought sod it and started wheeling.

I realised something was up when everyone started screaming. Turns out he was on crutches and physically couldn't get out out of the way of the rolling Trace Elliott onslaught. Oops.

Did that one become a regular venue for the band then? 😅 

• Haha 1