Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NBD - Vista!

Pea Turgh

Been interested in these for a while due to the nut width.  This one popped up in conversation here and, well, one thing led to another and now it’s in my house!

It came with a black scratchplate, which I thought looked ace, but the original white plate has aged to a lovely coffee-stain/cream colour, and looks absolutely effin fantastic!

One surprise was the string width at the bridge - I’d just assumed it would be standard P spacing but it’s a little tighter.  Nothing I won’t get used to.

Changed the knobs just because.

IMG_8337.jpeg

IMG_8336.jpeg

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

• Like 25

Oh yeah, definitely the white guard. My tastes are mostly the modern, boutiquey, fancy pants stuff rather than the classics but, for some reason, these, the Mustang, the bronco really work for me.

I love the simplicity of the one wee pickup in the middle.

• Like 2

Having owned a 70s Musicmaster and, in total, 3 of these Vistas I would say the Vistas are better basses.  They put right the shortcomings and move it all forward a bit - stock pick up in these is ace, for example, and the bridge actually does something in addition to anchoring the strings.  One of the gems in the Squier back catalogue like the JV, SQ, Silver Series - get a good 'un and they are top quality.  If it weren't for my ageing hands and arthritis I'd still have this but I prefer the slimmer profile of the Mustang these days. :) 

• Like 2

That looks Fab!
Really like the knobs (oo-er!)
Got similar on (one of) my Precisions (Silver Sparkle Squier Affinity) which I liberated from my Ibanez JetKing (which now has the knurled silvers from my No Name Jazz, which has the knurled blacks from Silver Sparkle.....!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/05/2024 at 15:08, Paul S said:

Having owned a 70s Musicmaster and, in total, 3 of these Vistas I would say the Vistas are better basses.  They put right the shortcomings and move it all forward a bit - stock pick up in these is ace, for example, and the bridge actually does something in addition to anchoring the strings.  One of the gems in the Squier back catalogue like the JV, SQ, Silver Series - get a good 'un and they are top quality.  If it weren't for my ageing hands and arthritis I'd still have this but I prefer the slimmer profile of the Mustang these days. :) 

Totally agree with you, the Vistas are way better than the USA original Musicmasters on so many levels....

I had three of them up until a short while ago. All great players, with a big tone. I moved the black & pink ones on, but kept the sonic blue

MM Trio.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/05/2024 at 19:26, Pea Turgh said:

IMG_8337.jpeg

IMG_8336.jpeg

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

Love the blackguard! I had a black one too, very nice bass. Bought s/h off ebay. Liked it so much that I got a green one too, although they both went shortly after I got my first CIJ Fender Mustang, 2003-ish. Preferred the Jazz width neck on the Mustang but otherwise I would have kept the black Squier. I’ve still got the original Squier Vista catalogue somewhere. Not that I’m a hoarder or anything...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, meterman said:

Love the blackguard! I had a black one too, very nice bass. Bought s/h off ebay. Liked it so much that I got a green one too, although they both went shortly after I got my first CIJ Fender Mustang, 2003-ish. Preferred the Jazz width neck on the Mustang but otherwise I would have kept the black Squier. I’ve still got the original Squier Vista catalogue somewhere. Not that I’m a hoarder or anything...

I prefer the black too :)

• Like 1