Why become a member? ×

NCD - Epifani UL610

Posted (edited)

Just picked up this cab today, a rather tasty Epifani UL610 1500w beast. Currently paired with my Epifani UL901 head to make quite a monster of a rig. 

Not disastrously heavy for a 610, about the standard weight of a 410, so a tolerable one-person move. 

Set it up in the studio today for our first band practice in 6 weeks, it didn't disappoint! Snagged it for a mere £250 from eBay. 👍 

20240509_215927.thumb.jpg.944a16758cf23b98b0e553022ac15c32.jpg

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 16

29 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Just picked up this cab today, a rather tasty Epifini UL610 1500w beast. Currently paired with my Epifini UL901 head to make quite a monster of a rig. 

By the way Russ, it's Epifani, not Epifini. 😉

• binky_bass changed the title to NCD - Epifani UL610

My dream cab back when they came out. I've always liked a 610, very jealous. I remember walking into Sound Control and asking if they could get their hands on an Epifani 610, he smirked and told me that he didn't think "Ep-eeeee-fone" made bass amps.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Snagged it for a mere £250 from eBay. 👍 

I was watching that on ebay, out of interest. Couldn't believe how cheap it sold for! Congrats! ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cetera said:

I was watching that on ebay, out of interest. Couldn't believe how cheap it sold for! Congrats! ;)

Yup, couldn't resist it for £250 especially as I have the UL901 head, plus the chap kindly agreed to meet halfway. 👌🏼

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 11:00, Gareth Hughes said:

I miss my 3x10 ☹️. It’s my one ‘buy it now’ purchase should I ever see one again.

There's one on eBay at the moment 

• Like 1

Had a UL310 and used it for 80 odd gigs when I was playing a lot but then sold it in favour of 2 x UL112. 

Eventually picked up 2 more UL310s and a UL902 but sadly never got use use them in anger as the band folded.

Like so much gear they got moved on and so I never got to hear what this rig actually sounded like apart from in my garage.  Great kit.

DSC00552.JPG.07c03ae7e45fbf606f13c8682c3848b1.JPG

• Like 2

I had a 902c amp for a little while too. Only used to its full capabilities once - driving two Epifani 1x12s and two Aguilar 1x12s, in a pretty small club - but it was playing with Simon McBride, Deep Purple’s new guitarist, and he is a painfully loud player so it was much needed. On one tour with him I had a UL310 driven by a Genz Streamliner 600 and two UL112s on top driven by a GK MB500. That was fun.

6 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

That sounds like a great rig Gareth

It truly was. It was also truly overkill for everything but Simon’s gig. I sold my UL310 to buy two GenzBenz Focus410 cabs for the next tour. After that it was rental rigs. Still miss that 310 though - such a handy, potent rig.