Why become a member? Ɨ

What foot do you use to control your effects?

What foot do you use to control your wah/volume/ pedals?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. ...to control your wah/volume/ pedals?

• Left foot (right handed)
    • Right foot (right handed)
    • Left foot (left handed)
    • Right foot (left handed)
    • Either foot

Posted (edited)

Really really left field question.

Ā 

I'm right handed. I play right handed. Im naturally right footed, but pretty much always use my left foot for wah / volume/ any effects control.Ā 

Ā 

My guitarist is a lefty though.....and he uses his left foot....especially for wah based fun.Ā 

Ā 

Just curious as to whether theres a 'norm' not that it makes any difference to anything or anyone šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøĀ 

(Edit - I messed up the poll question - apologies - never set one up before)

āœŒļø

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 1

When I was actually operating my foot pedals by foot, I mostly used my right foot apart from the bank up and down switches on the left of my Helix Floor for which I used my left foot.

Ā 

Currently my Helix is now controlled by the computer that is also our band's drummer and second synth player, so it tucked away somewhere where our singer is unlikely to step on it mid-song and the only switch I have worry about is the one for activating the tuner for which I use whichever foot is most convenient. I do have a foot switch for controlling the computer which is normally positioned as far over to the left of the stage as possible so I normally use my left foot for that.Ā 

On 07/05/2024 at 11:22, paul_5 said:

Secret option F - both feet as I play sat down šŸ˜„

Ā 

I play sat down too, but stick to using my right foot (I'm right-handed) as I can only reliably control three limbs at once.

17 hours ago, tauzero said:

Ā 

I play sat down too, but stick to using my right foot (I'm right-handed) as I can only reliably control three limbs at once.

Reliably? That puts a different slant on thingsā€¦ šŸ˜„

Iā€™ve never thought about this until now, but I use my right foot for almost everything, including wah, except for when I play analog-delay-spaceship-theremin with my left foot.

(right-handed player, left-handed writer, everything else is a mix)