Why become a member? ×

Top Marks to Andertons

People are quick to moan, but I also like to be quick to praise where it is due.

All sorts of grief with the DHL (Damage Handling Loons) over the delivery of my new Fender Precision after a phone dall from DHL to tell me theyd damaged it. George at Andertons was cool, told me not to worry, they'd sort out any damage. Just get it delivered then make an assessment and let him know immediately and he'd sort it.

Fortunately the hard case and bass within were fine, it was just the packaging that DHL had mullered.

I phoned George back to advise the bass had arrived undamaged, and thanked him for his reassurance. I mentioned that G had been cut a little short and as I tried to tune it beyond F it just slipped round the capstan.  Well, not 20 hours a later a full set of spanking new Fender 45's drop through my letter box, fortunately delivered by a different company who didn't manage to drive a forklift over it.

I'd have been happy with the one string, but a new set was a very pleasant surprise.  Even better as I actually quite like Fender rounds.

So top marks to Andertons. Reassuring on the phone, poised and ready to help refund/replace if the bass or case had arrived damaged, and super generous with the strings when I only needed the one. Well done.

If anyone from Anderton's is reading this, thank you. You'll be top of the list next time I get a tax rebate that the missus doesn't know about and I go bass shopping.

• Like 33

I ordered an amp last month. Wasn't in stock, said due 28th April on Website. 

On placing the order, I had an email saying it wouldn't be available until 28th April, and I'd be updated if that changes.

Had an email on Monday saying it's now expected 30th April. 

So can't fault their comms so far. Will update this thread with any more important news as it happens...

I ordered a deeply obscure pickup from them. They told me upfront that it would take yonks. It took yonks, but they kept me informed. You cannot ask more than that. 

• Like 6

...I have a secret envelope lodged with my solicitor - "surprise" we are twice as rich as you thought due to my secret bass investment portfolio....

Edited by SimonK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Had a similar DHL fiasco about two years ago. I bought a P Bass via Andertons, ordered on a Satuday morning, delivery Monday, everything to do with Andertons went smoothly, eg order and delivery confirmation etc. Monday comes....Nothing! Phoned Andertons, they confimed it had left via DHL, phoned DHL, "oh sorry we tried to deliver, but there was nobody in", "Lies said I, I've been waiting in, no one has been here." "Oh", she said, "Let me check the system, ah it's in our delivery centre in Exeter, it will definitely be with you on Wednesday." Wednesday comes... Nowt! Rang them again, to be told that they'd sent it back to Andertons. Phoned them, told them not to resend via DHL as they were useless

IIRC, it ended up delivered by DPD.

• Like 4

We bought a Piano from Andertons that got cosmetically damaged in transit. They were 110% helpful getting a replacement to us, and getting the damaged one back to them - a logistical challenge for an item that was 120kgs +

Real humans that care about their customers

• Like 4

I needed a set of Musicman Stingray bridge saddles and EB won’t supply such stuff to joe public. Andertons is an EB dealer so I approached them. And they ordered them for me. But EB took two and a half months to deliver them to Andertons who immediately forwarded them to me. Full marks to Andertons for keeping me in the picture all that time, and I would certainly use them again, but EB needs a bit of kick up the arse. 

• Like 1

I tried to knock them down another £600 on the Flip Flop coloured Thumb they have in there currently (reduced by £1200) and they said no ( what terrible customer service ! 😆 )

Seriously -  they have always been brilliant for anything I've bought from them in the past and the best product videos ?( Although I do like Dagan's too

)

Edited by edstraker123

• 2 weeks later...

One more email notifying of delays last month with new dates given of 7th May.

Email yesterday saying it was leaving the warehouse. 

Then one from DPD last night saying they'll deliver today.

Arrived this morning. 

Great comms.