Why become a member? ×

My band is about to be on the radio...

3 tracks in-studio session. Sound should be pretty good

Not sure if you all can get this in the UK

https://www.rte.ie/radio/2fm/

I figured if anyone was on and interested...

We're on the Dan Hegarty alternative show. National station!

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 27

• lidl e changed the title to My band is about to be on the radio...

Well done, sounded good. It's a great buzz hearing yourself on national radio. An old band of mine got played on Fanning's show and Jon Kenny's show about 30 years ago, it still makes me smile thinking about it 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Nice one Ely, that was pretty good.  Any gigs in London on the horizon?

I can't imagine! Maybe though. Our band leader is good at getting cool gigs.

Hoping to play germany. For some reason our last 3 singles have all charted quite high on the alternative charts there.

3 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Well done, sounded good. It's a great buzz hearing yourself on national radio. An old band of mine got played on Fanning's show and Jon Kenny's show about 30 years ago, it still makes me smile thinking about it 🙂

We were on fanning's show on virgin1 live from Whelans. He introduced and interviewed us. It was pretty cool!

Congrats!
Luvverly stuff. Me like!

As to the sound, I know this is wireless radio and comes over the seas all the way from Ireland to Norway 😉 , but the whole programme had this from-far-far-away sound I couldn't define (both through internal laptop speakers and Harman/Kardon Soundsticks). I feel sure you guys sounded a lot better in reality.
Maybe the live programme sounded better than its streamed version?

Anyway, do go to Germany, and when there: Don't mention their cars.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Congrats!
Luvverly stuff. Me like!

As to the sound, I know this is wireless radio and comes over the seas all the way from Ireland to Norway 😉 , but the whole programme had this from-far-far-away sound I couldn't define (both through internal laptop speakers and Harman/Kardon Soundsticks). I feel sure you guys sounded a lot better in reality.
Maybe the live programme sounded better than its streamed version?

Anyway, do go to Germany, and when there: Don't mention their cars.

Cheers, bud!

My singer put it in soundcloud, just our bits. I wonder if you hear the same audio issues...

https://m.soundcloud.com/defnettle/def-nettle-at-2fms-the-alternative?fbclid=PAAaYRN98_VMKLxA1elxEcCbORGXDac7bBzKfPcT_Qlmi_P8yyS1qZo1CDQ50

41 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Cheers, bud!

My singer put it in soundcloud, just our bits. I wonder if you hear the same audio issues...

https://m.soundcloud.com/defnettle/def-nettle-at-2fms-the-alternative?fbclid=PAAaYRN98_VMKLxA1elxEcCbORGXDac7bBzKfPcT_Qlmi_P8yyS1qZo1CDQ50

Mucho, mucho bettero!
This is a lot closer to my 256kbps downloads from the iTunes store (yes, you just cost me a lotta money and I hate you 😁 ), but to my old ears sounds more compressed, less open and a bit tinny in comparison.
I'm guessing I'm hearing Loudness in this version (not talking as an engineer; just yer average listener).

The radio programme (as received here through fast fiber) didn't do your music any justice whatsoever.

Folks, if you found something to enjoy in these three tracks, do yourselves a favour and listen to better versions. It's a cracking album.
Nope, I'm not buttering up @lidl e, whom I know nothing about and have never dealt with.
Just love for the music.

BTW, lidl e, I love it when you get your fingers overtly dusty in "God's Trainers". 😃

Edited by BassTractor
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Mucho, mucho bettero!
This is a lot closer to my 256kbps downloads from the iTunes store (yes, you just cost me a lotta money and I hate you 😁 ), but to my old ears sounds more compressed, less open and a bit tinny in comparison.
I'm guessing I'm hearing Loudness in this version (not talking as an engineer; just yer average listener).

The radio programme (as received here through fast fiber) didn't do your music any justice whatsoever.

Folks, if you found something to enjoy in these three tracks, do yourself a favour listen to better versions. It's a cracking album.
Nope, I'm not buttering up @lidl e, whom I know nothing about and have never dealt with.
Just love for the music.

BTW, lidl e, I love it when you get your fingers overtly dusty in "God's Trainers". 😃

Wow! Thanks so much! What an amazing thing to say.

Yeah, busted out the entire pedalboard for God's Trainers!

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone. 

I swear i wasnt trying to self promote when i posted this. Just was excited to be on the radio!

Appreciate all the feedback.

On 05/03/2024 at 23:06, lidl e said:

3 tracks in-studio session. Sound should be pretty good

Not sure if you all can get this in the UK

https://www.rte.ie/radio/2fm/

I figured if anyone was on and interested...

We're on the Dan Hegarty alternative show. National station!

Well done! Great news! I love RTE 2FM, and used to listen to it regularly on my commute, and I'm in the North. I stopped listening when, for some reason, I only ever got Jennifer Zamparelli talking about female sexuality every time I was in the car - Sorry to say that's not quite my thing! Anyway, they were always very good at showcasing new local artists, which is great, so I'm happy to hear your band got their spot on the channel. I'll have a listen later on.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lidl e said:

Thanks so much, everyone. 

I swear i wasnt trying to self promote when i posted this. Just was excited to be on the radio!

Appreciate all the feedback.

Don't be daft, you're on national radio in a nation with a very fine heritage of music. You should be dead chuffed and promote it and much as you can! 

Off to listen to it now, and congratulations!

• Like 1

Update 2 - the importance of promotion: seeing on Bandcamp the Andy Rourke credit I realised I had liked your stuff before, but with so much else going on I had forgotten. You need to keep reminding people (especially those of us of a certain vintage) 😆

Keep up the great work!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Update 2 - the importance of promotion: seeing on Bandcamp the Andy Rourke credit I realised I had liked your stuff before, but with so much else going on I had forgotten. You need to keep reminding people (especially those of us of a certain vintage) 😆

Keep up the great work!

Thabks so much!

I'm still trying to master Andy's feel on that one... 

I am convinced he is tuned up a 1/2 step on the recording.